Question Upgraded GPU, No Display also no Display with Old GPU now

Jun 7, 2023
Hello Everyone,
I am having a problem and it is driving me crazy.
Specs:
z390p motherboard
I9-9700F
32GB RAM
850W Gold 80Plus PSU
TUF 4080

Here is the issue that I am having.
I installed the new 4080 when I turned the PC on everything Lit up like normal and the GPU fans were spinning like normal on startup. The RGB on the GPU is also working properly. I just get no signal to the monitor with Display Port or HDMI.
I have tried reseating the GPU and The RAM and I cannot get a signal to the Monitor.

I wanted to put my 2060S back in to do some things and when I did this I got the exact same issue.. Everything powers on and lights up but there is no signal on the monitor with hdmi or DP.

This is to see how it does with 4K before upgrading everything else.

I am lost.
Any help would be much appreciated!

Last edited:
Thank You!
It is a Thermaltake 850w Gold 80 plus Tough Power Series.
That should be more than fine for your purposes. If the RTX 2060 Super that worked before is no longer working, I think that it's probably a motherboard issue.

The ASUS Prime Z390-P motherboard has two PCI-Express x16 slots so if I were you, I'd try using the second slot and see what happens. If it works, it means that the first PCIe x16 has a problem. If this is the case, you're probably going to want to look at replacing the motherboard because I read the specs for the Z390-P and the second slot only runs in x4 mode and that will choke your video card.

Jun 7, 2023
That should be more than fine for your purposes. If the RTX 2060 Super that worked before is no longer working, I think that it's probably a motherboard issue.

The ASUS Prime Z390-P motherboard has two PCI-Express x16 slots so if I were you, I'd try using the second slot and see what happens. If it works, it means that the first PCIe x16 has a problem. If this is the case, you're probably going to want to look at replacing the motherboard because I read the specs for the Z390-P and the second slot only runs in x4 mode and that will choke your video card.
Thank You for the Response!
I was thinking the same thing. I did try both GPU's in the second slot with the exact same results.
Everything powers up and turns and stays on I just don't get a post to the monitor.