upgraded graphics card lower FPS?

Feb 7, 2019
Hello all, I just recently “upgraded” to a 1050ti graphics card from an amd Radeon 7770. I have a poopy amd Fx 4100 processor but I upgraded to the 1050ti because I didn’t think there will be that much of a bottleneck.

However, when I tried to play games that my pc could usually run and there was little to no FPS improvement, in rainbow 6 siege my fps is actually worse even on the lowest settings.

I believe I have the newest drivers installed and I uninstalled the old amd ones. But I think I may have done something wrong because I installed my new graphics card before removing the old drivers.

Anyways if anyone has insight as to what my issue is please let me know. My pc is old and I understand that I won’t get great FPS with that processor but it should at least be able to run the games my amd card could right?

Thanks again

Go to guru3d.com
Get DDU=display driver uninstaller.
Run it in safe mode
Try running amd side.
Then run it in nvidia side clean and shut down.
Reboot
Go get nvidia geforce experience install it.
It should tell you there is a driver update.
Install update using the custom setting and check clean install.
Try that let us know after you recheck your games.

cbrocks06

Proper
Dec 27, 2018

no you don't need to reinstall windows after upgrading a gpu lol.. all you need to do is go into safe mode and run ddu to uninstall the old drivers, and then reboot and install the new drivers.

Well that’s what I’ve been told, and that’s what usually works best for me personally.