Upgraded Mobo, CPU and RAM, PC just repeatedly turns off and on and monitor receives no signal

LordFaustXIII

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017
Hello all,

First post here, and I need help with some trouble I'm having.

I was recently able to upgrade some of the more archaic bits of my pc but, after I hit the power switch, it will run for a couple seconds, then turn off for a couple seconds before switching itself back on and repeating the process over and over until I flip the switch on the back of my PSU to force it off. At the same time, my monitor displays that it has no signal before going into sleep mode. It doesn't matter if I run my DVI cable into the motherboard or into my graphics card, the monitor still doesn't receive a signal. I've tried installing the new parts two separate times now, with the exact same results.

I've followed the instructions here:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

with the exception of using a system speaker, as the motherboard didn't come with one (I've ordered one online, but it will still take about a week to get here).

Both times that I've installed the upgrade parts and had them not work, I've reverted back the old parts I was using previously and everything works fine (it's how I'm currenly typing this message).

The most relevant parts of my pc build would probably be:

PSU: Cooler Master GX 750w
GPU: GTX 760
[Upgrade Part] Ryzen R5 1600 w/ Wraith Spire Cooler
[Upgrade Part] 1x G. Skill Ripjaws V DDR4 2800 (Model # F4-2800C15S-8GVRB) 8GB RAM
[Upgrade Part] ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming K4 Motherboard

Is this a common occurrence with one (or more) defunct parts, or is it a possible problem with the PSU not being strong enough or incompatible RAM, or something similar? This is the first time I've done a pc upgrade like this, so please feel free to explain things to me as if you're speaking to a 3 year old.

Solution
I have the same problem with my Mobo as well (Sabortooth z97 mark1) it will only turn on with only 1 ram stick inserted. for what ever reason it will not work with any ram inserted in the B slots. same problem with the MSI z97 g45 Mobo. works fine with 1 ram stick inserted in the A ram slots
Usually, this kind of behavior occurs when the 8 pin power cable is not connected to the motherboard, a memory module is not correctly inserted in the RAM slot, the CPU cooler is not properly installed, or the front panel wires not connected according to the board's diagram.
I suggest leaving only CPU and CPU cooler installed, both 24 and 8 pin power cables connected. No other components or wires. Connect the case power button to the motherboard and start the pc. See if still restarting.

LordFaustXIII

Prominent
Aug 4, 2017

I tried doing what you suggested, but it's still the same. PC just turns off and on repeatedly until I force it off. Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Jonathan_198

Prominent
Aug 6, 2017
I have the same problem with my Mobo as well (Sabortooth z97 mark1) it will only turn on with only 1 ram stick inserted. for what ever reason it will not work with any ram inserted in the B slots. same problem with the MSI z97 g45 Mobo. works fine with 1 ram stick inserted in the A ram slots

Solution