[SOLVED] Upgraded my CPU which added some problems

Feb 19, 2022
I recently upgraded my CPU from an amd 5 2600 to an amd 5 5600x. When I turn my PC on now, my rtx 2070's fan (only one of them) starts spinning really fast as well as the dram-led being red. Nothing appears on the monitor as well. Any way of preventing this?

Solution
Put original cpu back.
Update BIOS of your motherboard to latest non-beta version.
Read BIOS update notes. It may be necessary to update to some BIOS versions in between the last version first.
Feb 19, 2022
Put original cpu back.
Update BIOS of your motherboard to latest non-beta version.
Read BIOS update notes. It may be necessary to update to some BIOS versions in between the last version first.
After a lot of failed attempts, I updated my bios. This didn't change anything. However when putting back the original cpu, everything works fine. My motherboard is an aorus b450 pro by the way.

Last edited:
Feb 19, 2022
After further observation, the red dram led lights up for ~8 seconds before it switches to the cpu led for a quick moment before the process repeats.

When you updated the BIOS, did you follow the steps where it says, ''Note: Before updating BIOS to this new version, you MUST follow the steps as detailed under BIOS F40 description.
Note:
  1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F32 before F40
  2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU ''

Feb 19, 2022
When you updated the BIOS, did you follow the steps where it says, ''Note: Before updating BIOS to this new version, you MUST follow the steps as detailed under BIOS F40 description.
Note:
  1. If you are using Q-Flash Utility to update BIOS, make sure you have updated BIOS to F32 before F40
  2. Before update BIOS to F40, you have to install EC FW Update Tool (B19.0517.1 or later version) to avoid 4DIMM DDR incompatibility on 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen™ CPU ''
I have just done that. Installing the EC FW Update Tool as well as carefully installing the bios updates after each other via Q-flash. Gpu fan is still spinning pretty fast with no display being visible.