Question Upgraded PC .240FPS in Valorant 51 in OW2. Please Help!!

Apr 28, 2024
Just upgraded PC today.
Before:
Ryzen 9 3900x
B550-A ROG STRIX
32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz

Now:
Ryzen 7 7800x3D
B650 Aorus Elite AX Ice
Corsair Vengeance 32GB 5600Mhz

Issue I’m facing:
Before upgrading I would get 120-140 frames in Destiny 2. Consistent 240 in Overwatch. 220 in Valorant w/ occasional dips around 180

Now I get
20-21 frames in Destiny 2
51 in Overwatch
Consistent 240 in Valorant

Downloaded all newest drivers for CPU
The newest driver for nvidia made my audio glitch out as well as my frame rates. In valorant it would go from 700-800 frames to a flat 7 FPS every second until it would crash and notify me that graphic drivers failed. So I rolled back drivers

Have not flashed/Updated BIOS. Everything physically was installed correctly and set in place. There's no demanding background applications

I'm new to integrated graphics but it’d seem like iGPU and dGPU would work together and coexist not one or the other. I thought it might be focusing on the integrated Radeon graphics over my dGPU so I tried disabling it through device manager but had no luck. I set the 4070 to be the prioritized GPU under NVIDIA Control Panel both globally and program specific. Also under BIOS Initial Display Output is set to PCIe 1 Slot over IGD Video

I also tried going into graphic settings in windows, desktop/app/browse Overwatch and Valorant show up but Destiny doesn't?

When standing still looking at same spot
Valorant
When preferring 4070 130 FPS
When preferring AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics 110 FPS
When I set it to "Let Windows decide" consistent 240 FPS

Overwatch
When preferring 4070 85 FPS
When preferring AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics 77 FPS
When I set it to "Let Windows decide" 51 FPS

All of these frame rates ^ were very consistent too no fluctuations (probably because I wasn’t moving but still)

T&U: Temps and Utilization
GPU fans rarely ever spin
All Games on Low Settings

20 FPS T&U Destiny: CPU 60C 20% GPU 96%
51 FPS T&U Overwatch: CPU 60C 23% GPU 66%
240 FPS T&U Valorant: CPU 60C 25% GPU 90%

I’m hoping the solution is something I just have to toggle or a driver solution but I have no idea.

For sure conducting the wrong tests but after searching the internet for hours I don't know what else to do. Any and all tips and ideas are appreciated. Please help I’m very lost.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

Have not flashed/Updated BIOS.
That's what you should do, out of the box, while breadboarded(before assembling).

I'm new to integrated graphics but it’d seem like iGPU and dGPU would work together and coexist not one or the other.
You can disable the iGPU in BIOS, will free up some ram and allocate most of it to the system(overall).

Since most people tend to forget, and out of curiosity, did you reinstall the OS after the platform migration after recreating the bootable USB installer?

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead
Apr 28, 2024

When posting a thread of troubleshooting nature, it's customary to include your full system's specs. Please list the specs to your build like so:
CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:
include the age of the PSU apart from it's make and model. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time.

That's what you should do, out of the box, while breadboarded(before assembling).

I'm new to integrated graphics but it’d seem like iGPU and dGPU would work together and coexist not one or the other.
You can disable the iGPU in BIOS, will free up some ram and allocate most of it to the system(overall).

Since most people tend to forget, and out of curiosity, did you reinstall the OS after the platform migration after recreating the bootable USB installer?
I apologize first time using this platform. Thank you for letting me know

CPU: Ryzen 7 7800x3D
CPU cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum SE
Motherboard: B650 Aorus Elite AX Ice
Ram: Corsair Vengeance 32GB 5600Mhz
SSD/HDD: 500GB M.2 WD Black
GPU: 4070 Gigabyte Aero
PSU: EVGA SuperNova 850 P2 850W Platinum
Chassis: ThermalTake core p6
Monitor: BenQ XL2450K 240hz

Wiped my M.2 and Reinstalled a fresh Windows 10 Home with USB. PSU is roughly 5 years old I wanna say

Apr 28, 2024

CPU:
CPU cooler:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:
Monitor:

Well listen to this. After trouble shooting for hours last night staying up until 5:00AM. I boot the pc up and log into Destiny and just like that consistent 240 FPS. God is real.

Apr 28, 2024
Just upgraded PC today.
Before:
Ryzen 9 3900x
B550-A ROG STRIX
32GB Corsair Vengeance 3200Mhz

Now:
Ryzen 7 7800x3D
B650 Aorus Elite AX Ice
Corsair Vengeance 32GB 5600Mhz

Issue I’m facing:
Before upgrading I would get 120-140 frames in Destiny 2. Consistent 240 in Overwatch. 220 in Valorant w/ occasional dips around 180

Now I get
20-21 frames in Destiny 2
51 in Overwatch
Consistent 240 in Valorant

Downloaded all newest drivers for CPU
The newest driver for nvidia made my audio glitch out as well as my frame rates. In valorant it would go from 700-800 frames to a flat 7 FPS every second until it would crash and notify me that graphic drivers failed. So I rolled back drivers

Have not flashed/Updated BIOS. Everything physically was installed correctly and set in place. There's no demanding background applications

I'm new to integrated graphics but it’d seem like iGPU and dGPU would work together and coexist not one or the other. I thought it might be focusing on the integrated Radeon graphics over my dGPU so I tried disabling it through device manager but had no luck. I set the 4070 to be the prioritized GPU under NVIDIA Control Panel both globally and program specific. Also under BIOS Initial Display Output is set to PCIe 1 Slot over IGD Video

I also tried going into graphic settings in windows, desktop/app/browse Overwatch and Valorant show up but Destiny doesn't?

When standing still looking at same spot
Valorant
When preferring 4070 130 FPS
When preferring AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics 110 FPS
When I set it to "Let Windows decide" consistent 240 FPS

Overwatch
When preferring 4070 85 FPS
When preferring AMD Radeon(TM) Graphics 77 FPS
When I set it to "Let Windows decide" 51 FPS

All of these frame rates ^ were very consistent too no fluctuations (probably because I wasn’t moving but still)

T&U: Temps and Utilization
GPU fans rarely ever spin
All Games on Low Settings

20 FPS T&U Destiny: CPU 60C 20% GPU 96%
51 FPS T&U Overwatch: CPU 60C 23% GPU 66%
240 FPS T&U Valorant: CPU 60C 25% GPU 90%

I’m hoping the solution is something I just have to toggle or a driver solution but I have no idea.

For sure conducting the wrong tests but after searching the internet for hours I don't know what else to do. Any and all tips and ideas are appreciated. Please help I’m very lost.
UPDATE: Valorant is somehow the culprit. When I first boot up PC and open Destiny I got 400 uncapped frames on OW 600 consistent frames. When I try to play valorant it requires a system restart. Valorant runs well too at 240 frames. After closing valorant and reopening either destiny or Overwatch frames drop back to 20 and 40 frames. Does anyone know why?

Apr 28, 2024
UPDATE: Valorant is somehow the culprit. When I first boot up PC and open Destiny I got 400 uncapped frames on OW 600 consistent frames. When I try to play valorant it requires a system restart. Valorant runs well too at 240 frames. After closing valorant and reopening either destiny or Overwatch frames drop back to 20 and 40 frames. Does anyone know why?
ANOTHER UPDATE: I hard restarted PC and cleared CMOS. Destiny and Overwatch are back to full force 400 and 600 frames. Too scared to reopen valorant and try.

Apr 28, 2024
After upgrading PC I’ve ran into a problem with Valorant. After playing valorant and switch to an another game I get hardstuck 20-50 FPS across all games. If I restart PC it doesn’t fix the problem the only solution I’ve found is clearing CMOS then playing a different game. If I reopen valorant it resets the process over and over. No clue what’s happening or why but seeking solution.

Also is it bad to reset CMOS multiple times? Obviously I’d prefer not and would rather just not play Valorant at all but curious.

Here’s a link to the past thread before I knew the source of the problem also with my PC specs.

Apr 28, 2024
Reinstalled Valorant played a couple games frames were performing very poorly around 100-120 FPS. Then launched Destiny 2 back to 40 FPS!! I was getting 400+ at the exact same place this morning. Uninstalled riot vanguard and valorant, cleared CMOS. Problem is still occurring. No idea what’s happening but thinking riot vanguard is the culprit. Does anyone have a suggestion?