[SOLVED] Upgraded PC, now have massive amount of issues.

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Adamo265

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2015
Alright so I just bought a new motherboard, cpu, and ram in an attempt to fix my 6 minute long boot times and to no real surprise it didn't fix it, but I could live with that.

What I can't live with is my windows now has constant stuttering, which also distorts audio, the monitors flash black every few seconds for a tiny period of time, I had constant BSODs until I updated my graphics drivers and while that seems to be gone 12 hours later everything else remains. Games close frequently, I have to click twice on everything because the first click doesn't register, graphics in games goes blurry and revert to normal every few seconds, things like Path of Exile and HOTS run at upwards of 100 fps but it feels like 20, and I'm not sure where to go from here. I'm going to put in my old hardware till I can find a fix because at the moment I'm stumped and this is painful to experience.

These are my specs:
RTX 2070,
I9 9900KF,
2 x 8gb RAM (4400mhz) although I have xmp off atm so technically 2133mhz.
MSI mpg z390 gaming pro carbon.

I'll take any suggestions so if you think anything might help just throw it at me.

Solution
Fixed everything.

Slow performance was a result of changing motherboards, which broke my drivers, thanks to Colif for pointing me in the right direction with this as it was fixed by re-installing Windows (Also can be fixed by manually re-installing every driver I believe but I didn't do this).
BIOS time was the result of my power supply.

I'm back to 11 second boots baby.

Thanks to everyone else for the help, it was expensive to buy a new mobo, cpu, and ram just to find out it wasn't the problem but hopefully this thread can help with issues regarding this in the future.

Colif

Win 11 Master
if you had 6 minute boot times before and the only thing you didn't swap is the PSU, it sure looks like the cause.
only 3 ways to test PSU
the paper clip method - https://forums.tomshardware.com/threads/what-is-the-paperclip-method-of-testing-a-psu.1336402/
or multimeter,
or in the BIOS to check the +3.3V, +5V, and +12V. - https://www.lifewire.com/power-supply-voltage-tolerances-2624583

unless you had another one. thats the 4th way to test it but most people don't have spare parts.

shame CPU doesn't have igpu cores or we could drop GPU out of mix just to make sure its not cause.

how old is PSU

Adamo265

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2015
Fixed everything.

Slow performance was a result of changing motherboards, which broke my drivers, thanks to Colif for pointing me in the right direction with this as it was fixed by re-installing Windows (Also can be fixed by manually re-installing every driver I believe but I didn't do this).
BIOS time was the result of my power supply.

I'm back to 11 second boots baby.

Thanks to everyone else for the help, it was expensive to buy a new mobo, cpu, and ram just to find out it wasn't the problem but hopefully this thread can help with issues regarding this in the future.

Solution