[SOLVED] Upgraded PC wont boot

Mar 28, 2019
I just recently upgraded several components on my PC and when I tried to start it, the DRAM and CPU lights flashed back and forth before the entire system turned off. This repeated until I cut power to the PC. I have since replaced the motherboard, processor, PSU, and ram. I am out of ideas on how to fix it.

Current specs:
Intel i5 9600k CPU
Gigabyte z390 Gaming X motherboard
Gtx 970 GPU
Corsair CX 650M PSU
Seagate 1TB HDD

Thanks

Mar 28, 2019
As long as that memory is in the a1 slot on the memory array and it is within speed of board should be ok. The board may call for additional cooling support. see the owners manual of the mobo for details concerning the cpu required // controlled 4pin cpu fans. reseat the video card and the memory stick. recheck the wiring. boot to bios. verify the bios version with gigabyte's website etc make sure it is current. If no boot again, move the memory to a2 or b1 or b2 etc. That board and CPU are fully compatible. You may have to flash cmos and or remove the battery // replace the battery just to be safe, then go to gigabytes website and install the newest bios. Reboot to bios and watch the monitor readout on temps and fan speeds etc.
Ok, thank you. I will try

Mar 28, 2019
As long as that memory is in the a1 slot on the memory array and it is within speed of board should be ok. The board may call for additional cooling support. see the owners manual of the mobo for details concerning the cpu required // controlled 4pin cpu fans. reseat the video card and the memory stick. recheck the wiring. boot to bios. verify the bios version with gigabyte's website etc make sure it is current. If no boot again, move the memory to a2 or b1 or b2 etc. That board and CPU are fully compatible. You may have to flash cmos and or remove the battery // replace the battery just to be safe, then go to gigabytes website and install the newest bios. Reboot to bios and watch the monitor readout on temps and fan speeds etc.
I reseated the ram 4 times as well as the video card. I also reset the cmos battery. The PC is still not working. Any other suggestions?

TRENDING THREADS