Upgraded to SSD, installed windows, then in several minutes black screen.

Adam_226

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
It started when I turned on the PC, heard 1 beep(good), saw the BIOS screen, and then that was it, black screen. I tried to diagnose it myself but I don't have enough time because of work. So I took it in to my local PC experts and they ran a diagnosis and they said it was my HHD which was a Segate HHD(like 4years old).

So I bought a Sandisk 240gb SSD, installed it and installed windows 10 pro. Worked like a charm. I left it for a bit and then screen went into sleep so it shut off then I turned it back on. Did this a couple more times. After the 3rd time screen didn't turn back on. I flickered like it was about to then back to black screen.

Retried a second time installing windows it worked this time I tried downloading and installing video card drivers. Turned off power saver so the screen wouldn't turn off. The while downloading drivers screen went black.

I'm wondering if it's my video card which would suck or just as bad my mobo, any help would be great.

CPU: AMD FX-8350
GPU: AMD Radeon 7850 2gb
PSU: Corsair TX 650
Mobo: GA-970A-D3
SSD: Sandisk 240gb

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
Please post your full system spec.

It's possible your HDD was failing, but you'd normally be presented with a S.M.A.R.T error (unless disabled in the BIOS) before it proceeded to load your OS.

EDIT* Looks like you added your spec while I was replying. If you disconnect your SSD, can you just sit in the BIOS indefinitely? Or do issues appear then too?

Adam_226

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017

Adam_226

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017

Adam_226

Prominent
Apr 12, 2017
I may have solved it. I swapped the vid card for another and now no issues. I'll marked this as solved for now unless the issue rises again.

nvm don't know how