Upgrading a Prebuild PC??

Ryan_8551

Commendable
Jul 16, 2016
Hey, I have a Acer X6300
- one DIMM port is broken so i only can use 6 GB therefore thinking to get a new Motherboard
- there is an I5 2300 inside the motherboard so i would just need to purchase a LGA 1155 socket MOBO

But the question is, I would need to get a new Case, PSU, MOBO, GPU as they are Really really old. Is this possible to do?

In my current gaming rig, i have a 750 watt PSU, i am thinking to upgrade to a 1000 watt so i am able to place a second GTX 780 TI,

Is it true that i could use ANY gpu if i have enough watts and have a PCI-E X16? and what is the difference between 2.0 and 3.0?

Could i have a suggestion of Good GPU (for the money and able to play games) to buy and a Good PORTABLE (ATX or MICRO ATX) cases?

Thanks in advance

Solution
First, from what you said you had the gtx780ti, and the MB is broken, you want to upgrade the PC, like case, MB, etc.
Now if you can sell that gtx 780ti and the i5 2300, then may conside to buy gtx 1070/1080 plus the new skylate cpu, even get the gtc1060 within few days. We will recommend to get the strong single GPU. And the gtx1060 will be release on 19 this month, GTX 1060 is a $250 GTX 980 killer. If you will get the gtx 1060, you can use your 750W PSU, but it will depends on how old it is, what brand/ model it is too.

Is it true that i could use ANY gpu if i have enough watts and have a PCI-E X16? and what is the difference between 2.0 and 3.0?
Yes, you can if you mean for the lga1155. But you may need the newer BIOS for...
First, from what you said you had the gtx780ti, and the MB is broken, you want to upgrade the PC, like case, MB, etc.
Now if you can sell that gtx 780ti and the i5 2300, then may conside to buy gtx 1070/1080 plus the new skylate cpu, even get the gtc1060 within few days. We will recommend to get the strong single GPU. And the gtx1060 will be release on 19 this month, GTX 1060 is a $250 GTX 980 killer. If you will get the gtx 1060, you can use your 750W PSU, but it will depends on how old it is, what brand/ model it is too.

Yes, you can if you mean for the lga1155. But you may need the newer BIOS for the MB recognizes the GPU like gtx1060, etc.
Impact of PCI-E Speed on Gaming Performance https://www.pugetsystems.com/labs/articles/Impact-of-PCI-E-Speed-on-Gaming-Performance-518/

A Good PORTABLE (ATX or MICRO ATX) cases? Do you mean the case has the handle to carry like BitFenix Prodigy M https://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/chassis/prodigy-m

And last one because you will change the MB, you will need the new OS too.

Solution