Upgrading an older build, need help!!!

Evan2552

Commendable
Dec 21, 2016
Hi, I'm running a fairly old gaming PC and looking to upgrade it abit. Its got a MSI z77a-g45 motherboard, running intell i7 3770k with stock cooling, MSI geforce gtx 660 twin frozr iii oc 2gb, Seagate 1tb HDD, 8gb ram and running on a 500w power supply.

Would like any advice really but so far looking at CPU cooling, evga evo 750w power supply and maybe an SSD.

Solution
The i7 is still fine and will last you some more years, it's a 'K' version so you can overclock it, just get a decent cooler for it like the cooler master evo 212. But that's something you dont have to worry about for now, even at stock it's more than enough for any game.

Your biggest upgrade though should be the graphics card, you should be looking at a gtx 1060/1070/1080 whatever your budget allows. :)

Also adding a ssd would be nice, but it means or reinstalling windows on the ssd or making a copy of it and then install it on the ssd. Also a 500 psu is enough but it depends on what model it is. :)
The i7 is still fine and will last you some more years, it's a 'K' version so you can overclock it, just get a decent cooler for it like the cooler master evo 212. But that's something you dont have to worry about for now, even at stock it's more than enough for any game.

Your biggest upgrade though should be the graphics card, you should be looking at a gtx 1060/1070/1080 whatever your budget allows. :)

Also adding a ssd would be nice, but it means or reinstalling windows on the ssd or making a copy of it and then install it on the ssd. Also a 500 psu is enough but it depends on what model it is. :)

Solution