Upgrading APU with a second GPU dilema

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Spaniard United

Honorable
Nov 17, 2012
The PSU I linked earlier or the one huilun linked above are both good options. 500 is the minimum, but a little cushion is a nice thing to have.

Also agree with the part about the manufacturer, no names are a craps shoot, stick with trusted brands. PSU is one component where you want to get the best quality you can.

Brandon Kirby

Honorable
Jun 30, 2013
I have the same Mobo I also have a spare 7850 and a 600w cooler master psu in there but when i install the card the mobo doesn't even recognize it won't show up in device manager is there a way to disable the onboard gpu so it will work I've already disabled UFEI and enabled legacy support what am I missing guys?

Michael Scott

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
It's been two years since this and I'm a little shady still.

On my PC, could I just buy a new dedicated GPU to install - is there space for that on my rig? Will I need anything else E.G new PSU etc. ?

Michael Scott

Honorable
Mar 19, 2013
The processor socket on my motherboard is FM2. I do not want to play video games.

Which is the best recommended processing upgrade? I have found that the best two FM2 processesors are the AMD A10-6800B APU and the AMD Athlon X4 760K Quad Core.
Why does the AMD A10-6800B APU have a higher score than the AMD Athlon X4 760K Quad Core in this https://www.cpubenchmark.net/socketType.html#id16 ]CPU Benchmark chart[/url]?

I thought that because the Athlon is purely a CPU, it should have more processing power than an APU which must share processing power with graphical demands for the integrated graphics?

Which is the best available upgrade for the FM2 socket?