[SOLVED] Upgrading cpu

VenciiXD

Prominent
Feb 5, 2020
I gonna be upgrading to a r5 3600 with mobo gigabyte b450m gaming and a 16 ram 3200Mhz with a 500 psu.My gpu is 1050 ti and im going to stick with it for at least 10 more months until i upgrade it.
Im asking are there gonna be serious lag spikes?(I have a 144hz monitor)
The games that i will mostly be playing are fortnite, lol , cs and wow.

Solution
I don't think that gives enough for the CPU, mobo, RAM, and a PSU on top, looking at prices on Ardes.

Mobo is about 200, CPU 430, the RAM ~180.

(for the RAM - make sure to buy 2 x8gb, not 1 x 16gb so that you have the RAM in dual channel).

You could save up some more and do the upgrade when you have the money for a PSU too. It could be less effort than having to swap a PSU out and re-cable the system after your upgrade.

A goods budget PSU with room for up
520W Seasonic SS-520GB (115 lv)
550W Corsair CV (115 lv)

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
I don't think that gives enough for the CPU, mobo, RAM, and a PSU on top, looking at prices on Ardes.

Mobo is about 200, CPU 430, the RAM ~180.

(for the RAM - make sure to buy 2 x8gb, not 1 x 16gb so that you have the RAM in dual channel).

You could save up some more and do the upgrade when you have the money for a PSU too. It could be less effort than having to swap a PSU out and re-cable the system after your upgrade.

A goods budget PSU with room for up
520W Seasonic SS-520GB (115 lv)
550W Corsair CV (115 lv)

Solution

VenciiXD

Prominent
Feb 5, 2020
Well in ardes the things are a big overpriced thats why i chose to get the components from plasico.
Mobo , cpu and ram. Everything makes tha price arround 730. For the psu do i really need a good expensive psu to run those parts. If yes that's gonna be a problem because im selling my older parts (and i got a customer who i need to send the parts in like 3 days) and with the money i get from them i will buy those new components.So i will be on 0 after i buy them and i wont have money to get a new psu...

Oussebon

Upstanding
Feb 17, 2020
The concern is that a lower quality PSU could damage components, either over time, or with a sudden failure.

You don't need an 80+ gold-rated PSU costing an arm and a leg, but it would be sensible to try to get a decent PSU from a respectable brand as soon as you can reasonably afford it. e.g. the Seasonic or Corsair ones I mentioned above.

VenciiXD

Prominent
Feb 5, 2020
Well that's really unfortunate for me. Because those parts are 400$, the gpu I wanted to buy right after the upgrade is gtx 1660 super, which is arround 350$ and now I learned that I have to save at least 100 $ for a good psu and then buy the gpu.
It's gonna be a nightmare saving all that money.