Upgrading DELL DESKTOP!URGENT!

M the Q dude

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
Hi guys i got a dell optiplex 9010 i5 3470 4gb ram desktop. Will it work with a gtx 750 cuz i heard gtx 750 runs without the pci e power supply cables and all u gotta do is put it in.....so will it work
???? plz telll :) if i need 2 upgrade PSU will a cx430 fit and everything :)

Solution
I don't think you can get a better or a nice, good PSU in 50$..... BTW I used my GT630 on a 350W PSU where it required 450W, (75W Power from PCI-E)... I've checked the ZOTAC GTX 750 1GB Card and a GPU which wants a 400W Power Supply WILL work on a good, branded PSU. Like you can run it on Cooler Master Thunder 350W... So, the final answer is that it will work on your PC but your PSU will run on a little heavy load and the temperatures of your CPU and GPU will be moderately higher due to that less 50W power supply.... Just check your PSU once before you buy that card and ensure that it's branded and of good quality and of above 350 Watts. Enjoy your new upgrade. :)

UPDATE: You can get any model of the GTX 750 Series, Even GTX 750 Ti's...

If you own a CX430 you should have no problems and yes the 750 needs the power cables

Achint2000

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
GTX 750 Ti will be great for your PC. Just check if you have a Slim-PC because Slim-PC's don't have a PCI-E slot and your GPU won't fit into it's case. Also check your RAM and CPU nicely throughout the web. Everything'll work fine as far as I think. :)

M the Q dude

Honorable
Dec 10, 2013
I do not own a cx430. If my current PSU is not enough then i can buy. Its just 40-50 $ and then i probably wont require upgrading to the PSU anywhere in the near future. And no the gtx 750......well it doesnt require those cables all you gotta do is put it in the pci express slot. And my ram.........its not from a major brand . Nothing is written on it. All i know its a 4gb single stick ddr3 1600 mhz ram. My processor is supported. So this gpu will work right? Just give a final answer plz as i want 2 order soon .......b4 1 week. :)

Achint2000

Distinguished
Feb 10, 2013
I don't think you can get a better or a nice, good PSU in 50$..... BTW I used my GT630 on a 350W PSU where it required 450W, (75W Power from PCI-E)... I've checked the ZOTAC GTX 750 1GB Card and a GPU which wants a 400W Power Supply WILL work on a good, branded PSU. Like you can run it on Cooler Master Thunder 350W... So, the final answer is that it will work on your PC but your PSU will run on a little heavy load and the temperatures of your CPU and GPU will be moderately higher due to that less 50W power supply.... Just check your PSU once before you buy that card and ensure that it's branded and of good quality and of above 350 Watts. Enjoy your new upgrade. :)

UPDATE: You can get any model of the GTX 750 Series, Even GTX 750 Ti's but just not the MSI GDDR5 Versions... They require 600W Power Supply. Check the model and power requirements once from the website or the dealer you are getting the card from. Good Luck. ;)

Solution