Question Upgrading driver cards after 3 years

aranhadev

Commendable
Sep 23, 2022
hi! so recently my PC performance has worsened and it was only recently as well where i found out about updating drivers card. I was thinking it could solve the issue since my PC sometimes blackscreens and cant even run most games anymore. I've already scanned for viruses and there was nothing. It's been around 3 years since i got my pc and the gpu is an RTX 2060.
My question is if the new versions could be unstable with the other hardware because of the drastic changes there might have been, and if you think it could solve the issue as well.

Reactions: Order 66
Solution
The PSU is probably fine - not ideal, and it may be the source of your black screens, but at 3 years there's no need to panic. Either it's fine, or it's not and damage is done.

For now, update your graphics drivers. Get them straight from Nvidia.com - https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/213128/en-us/

Also run Windows Update and make sure everything is current there! Very important for stability and security.

If you're still getting issues at that point it's time to reinstall Windows - 3 years is a good run, probably time. If that doesn't fix it, replace the PSU. People here are (understandably) quick to blame all sorts of things on PSUs, but I'm not sure it's the problem here.

Order 66

Grand Moff
Apr 13, 2023
hi! so recently my PC performance has worsened and it was only recently as well where i found out about updating drivers card. I was thinking it could solve the issue since my PC sometimes blackscreens and cant even run most games anymore. I've already scanned for viruses and there was nothing. It's been around 3 years since i got my pc and the gpu is an RTX 2060.
My question is if the new versions could be unstable with the other hardware because of the drastic changes there might have been, and if you think it could solve the issue as well.
Full system specs including age and model of PSU?

Reactions: aranhadev

kira-faye

Upstanding
Oct 11, 2023
The PSU is probably fine - not ideal, and it may be the source of your black screens, but at 3 years there's no need to panic. Either it's fine, or it's not and damage is done.

For now, update your graphics drivers. Get them straight from Nvidia.com - https://www.nvidia.com/Download/driverResults.aspx/213128/en-us/

Also run Windows Update and make sure everything is current there! Very important for stability and security.

If you're still getting issues at that point it's time to reinstall Windows - 3 years is a good run, probably time. If that doesn't fix it, replace the PSU. People here are (understandably) quick to blame all sorts of things on PSUs, but I'm not sure it's the problem here.

Reactions: aranhadev
Solution

aranhadev

Commendable
Sep 23, 2022

okay! thank you

Reactions: kira-faye

TRENDING THREADS