Upgrading from 6950 to GTX970 SLI / GTX 980

3ogdy

Distinguished
I'm interested in doing that - I am mainly interested in icreasing my video rendering performance (After Effects) - is it worth it? Will the GTX900 cards work with After Effects?

Solution
it dependes on what you feel your needs are -- I have to see that adobe issue and would feel if the old 6950 worked so should these just as well or better ..

like all new stuff like at this post you may have to get a patch or update as they [adode] keep things up

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/219509-gtx-980-compatibility-with-adobe-cuda-support/

3ogdy

Distinguished
Thank you for posting in this thread, junkeymonkey. What do you mean with "depends"?
Are the GTX 900 cards going to run / be detected / used by Adobe software?
Performance-wise, I know the GTX 970 / 980 is way faster than my HD6950. Since I have a triple screen configuration, it's obvious I need a more powerful GPU, but I need to know if the GTX 900 cards work with After Effects and other Adobe software - does video rendering get accelerated? I know they have CUDA and stuff...

it dependes on what you feel your needs are -- I have to see that adobe issue and would feel if the old 6950 worked so should these just as well or better ..

like all new stuff like at this post you may have to get a patch or update as they [adode] keep things up

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/219509-gtx-980-compatibility-with-adobe-cuda-support/

Solution
ya I guess a lot depends on adobe weather they will give the cards the support . and when you buy first release stuff prior to them getting there support ready its the chance you take this is why I never buy first release items and like to give some time to see whats up with it down the road heck in 3 months from now it may be these ard or adobe may not see things eye to eye and may not get any good support or find the cards get a high failure rate ..

its just too early to know or tell where it will end up

TRENDING THREADS