Question Upgrading from a GTX 750 TI for current system and possible transfer to future new system

Eric Stork

Distinguished
Sep 21, 2014
Thinking of this both for current system that the new card could also be transferred to a new system sometime in the next few years

APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: within next week, if stretching 2 weeks

BUDGET RANGE: not sure yet but not over $500 preferable less, need to see some choices

USAGE FROM MOST TO LEAST IMPORTANT:
Gaming, video recording and watching and general home computer use (Internet and writing)
Most demanding game right now: Wayfinder: minimum GTX 1650 Super / Radeon RX 5600 XT; recommended RTX 3070 / RX 6600XT
Must be DirectX 12 compatible that is installed but does not run on the 750
Programs like Dungeons of the Amber Griffin Demo and 1 other kick back a 'directx12 is not supported on your system' message due to 750
Not sure what the difference is between DirectX 12 and DirectX 12 Ultimate

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY
EVGA Geforce GTX 750TI and 300W PSU (label says max total DC power output does not go higher than that, other info not sure if needed but can upload picture of PSU label)

OTHER RELEVANT SYSTEM SPECS:
CPU - Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-4460 CPU @ 3.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Memory - 12288MB RAM
Cannot find MoBo or other info, this is a pre-built system and DxDiag has no info

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS:
None yet because I am trying to get just a few new video card ideas before looking at certain stores like MicroCenter, Best Buy, maybe a few others

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: do not understand why this is needed

PARTS PREFERENCES:
Not sure as I do not know a lot of the detailed stuff unless I see something in a program's requirements
I also do not know what AMD boards are equivalent to nVidia boards, not kept up
I have thought about AMD if it does not have the odd problem I have gotten with nVidia in some programs
The problem is on the day a new driver is released by nVidia, some games get lag the day before driver release when the driver is not available

OVERCLOCKING: No
SLI OR CROSSFIRE: No idea what these are

MONITOR RESOLUTION: 1600x900

ADDITIONAL COMMENTS:
Been trying to use the Versus site I found through a recent search with a few filters for TDP, DirectX version and possible price range to get ideas but still too many,
If you set price to any, there are some choices that have no price that seem to get filtered out when setting price filter
=cpu_tdp%3D0,300&filter[]=directx_version_r%3D12_ultimate&filter[]=median_price%3D0,512&sort=versusScore]https://versus.com/en/graphics-card?filter[]=cpu_tdp%3D0,300&filter[]=directx_version_r%3D12_ultimate&filter[]=median_price%3D0,512&sort=versusScore

Link does not apply filters I used, I set
Price to max $512
DirectX to 12 Ultimate
TDP to max 300W

I am a bit surprised the cards have different TDPs and all below 300 though that is probably a good thing

Lutfij

Titan
EVGA Geforce GTX 750TI and 300W PSU (label says max total DC power output does not go higher than that, other info not sure if needed but can upload picture of PSU label)
You might want to mention the make and model of the PSU and it's age but from this distance, it's best you include your PSU purchase alongside the GPU purchase. What is the make and model of your case? This is for assessing clearance limitations.

COUNTRY OF ORIGIN: do not understand why this is needed
The $ sign is used in many parts of the world, so your currency/conversion will vary. We also see traffic from other parts of the world while this site is based in the USA, so contextually, we'll need to hunt/narrow down sites that will cater to your location. On top of that, parts availability can and will vary with regards to location/region.