Question Upgrading from a JBL Charge 4 speaker to something better / louder. Advice please ?

thriftyarek888

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2013
Hi I am looking to upgrade from JBL Charge 4 speaker which i use lots in park to something louder / better, may be longer lasting. I spend relaxing in park sometimes over 10 hours and this speaker is not so loud that we are drinking and having fun with guys. Also last about 8 hours. What better choice I have. Not too expensive, for portable carry in backpack. thanks

Loud = power = lower battery life, especially portable enough to stick in a backpack with other things. Also outdoor use in wide open areas is an issue since the sound is competing with general other noise and is absorbed by the environment without anything to echo it back to you like in a room. The Charge 4 got good reviews for loudness, but maybe this would be louder, although bigger Amazon.com: TREBLAB HD-Max - Big Loud Bluetooth Speaker - 50W, 20H Battery, Powerbank, TWS, IPX6 Waterproof | Loud Portable Speaker with Deep Bass | Wireless Outdoor Speakers w/Type-C Connector & Carrying Strap : Electronics

The Charge 4 looks to output 30W, if this Treblab one is really doing 50, it should be decently louder. You really can't go loud in outdoor areas without large speakers and lots of power to drive them, which means a larger device.