Nov 12, 2016
APPROXIMATE PURCHASE DATE: Anytime, but soon would be nice

USAGE : Gaming

CURRENT GPU AND POWER SUPPLY: (MSI Twin Frozr) Geforce 750Ti and 600W PSU

CPU : i5-2400 3.1 GHz

COMPUTER MODEL: h8-1114

8GB RAM

PREFERRED WEBSITE(S) FOR PARTS: Amazon or Newegg if possible

PARTS PREFERENCES : Always had a good experience with NVIDIA but I am open to others

OVERCLOCKING: Maybe

MONITOR RESOLUTION : 1920x1080

Relevant information : For the last 3 weeks I've been trying to install the ZOTAC Mini GTX 1660 onto my PC with no results (Stuck at HP logo screen). I've posted threads on multiple websites and tried to have GeekSquad install it for me but it seems like nobody can figure out what the problem is. They told me the card was bad, but the new one I got today is still not working so there's probably a compatibility issue. Currently I'm about to send my rig over there again for them to figure out what's wrong, but I doubt they will so it's likely that I'm just going to need a different card entirely.

Sorry if this is a repost, from what i can see my last one vanished.

I presume that's a pre-built OEM HP desktop ? Do you have the latest BIOS version installed of your motherboard/system ? And, are you sure it comes with a 600 Watts PSU ? Are you booting your system in LEGACY or UEFI mode, assuming your motherboard has support for this ? Disable Secure BOOT feature for the time being.

EDIT: Since you are already having the GTX 1660 GPU with you right now, are you still looking for an upgrade ?

Last edited: