Upgrading from Windows 7 Home Premium to Windows 7 Ultimate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ford_Racing

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
Hello everyone!

I need some help on this. I currently have Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit) installed on my computer. I want to use Windows Upgrade Anytime to upgrade to Ultimate (64-bit). Will all of my files and installed programs still be there after the install is finished? I have McAfee and MS Office 2010 and I'd prefer not to buy another copy just b/c of a new OS. I figured everything would stay because it's still Windows 7. If not, what should I do?

Thanks!!

Solution
When you up/downgrade your Windows OS, you are given two options. One, you can delete everything off of your hard drive and start fresh. Or two, you can keep all of your files and settings and they will be applied to the newly installed OS.

So to answer your question, all of your files/programs will be fine and you should proceed with the install.

One thing to remember though is to make sure you upgrade your drivers to W7 version.

calmstateofmind

Distinguished
When you up/downgrade your Windows OS, you are given two options. One, you can delete everything off of your hard drive and start fresh. Or two, you can keep all of your files and settings and they will be applied to the newly installed OS.

So to answer your question, all of your files/programs will be fine and you should proceed with the install.

One thing to remember though is to make sure you upgrade your drivers to W7 version.

Solution

Ford_Racing

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2010
Thank you for your reply! Before the update actually starts, I get a message that says that I have to click continue and agree to the terms and conditions blah..blah..blah. Will another pop-up come up saying something about keeping all of my files and applying them to the newly installed OS before my PC restarts and applies the upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.