[SOLVED] Upgrading GeoBook3X storage

FPRS

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2014
Hi all,

I have the GeoBook3X laptop (Here's the link to the laptop) and I want to upgrade the storage as it only has 32 GB of storage (EMMC). It has a SD card and SSD slot. Currently I'm using a SD card, issue is that it won't let me put the OS on it. There isn't enough storage space on the EMMC to hold windows updates. So I want to use a SSD so I can have enough storage for the OS (also comes with other benefits such as faster storage).

On the laptop tech specs (link provided above) it says it supports a SSD expansion of "m.dot2280". What does that mean? Which SSDs are compatible? Thanks!

USAFRet

Titan
Hi all,

I have the GeoBook3X laptop (Here's the link to the laptop) and I want to upgrade the storage as it only has 32 GB of storage (EMMC). It has a SD card and SSD slot. Currently I'm using a SD card, issue is that it won't let me put the OS on it. There isn't enough storage space on the EMMC to hold windows updates. So I want to use a SSD so I can have enough storage for the OS (also comes with other benefits such as faster storage).

On the laptop tech specs (link provided above) it says it supports a SSD expansion of "m.dot2280". What does that mean? Which SSDs are compatible? Thanks!

You're going to have to ask them what "m.dot2280" means.
That is not any standard notation. I think there is a translation error. M.2 2280 would be more correct.

Reactions: FPRS
May 7, 2021
Hi all,

Hi
Did the upgrade wirked for you?
If so, which NVMe u ended up using?
Thanks.