Upgrading graphics card aspire tc-705

jelle_4

Prominent
May 20, 2017
I'm looking to upgrade my graphics card aspire tc 705 but, I'm kind of scared it won't fit,... Do you guys have any suggestions which one I should buy to play games on high settings with my pc

Solution
As far as fit, you can get cards that aren't as long, ie 'mini' versions. You can get low profile versions, that aren't as tall. I'd check the end of the slot, on the opposite side from where you'd connect the monitor. Some cards can extend past the slot and if you have something close to the end of that slot it can block the card. Some motherboards might have SATA ports, hard drive enclosures, etc in that area.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

If you'd list the specs on the PSU nameplate, it would help. Or point me to the exact PC you have. But as far as "fit", as long as you have the length in the case for the card you decide on, it will be OK.

As far as fit, you can get cards that aren't as long, ie 'mini' versions. You can get low profile versions, that aren't as tall. I'd check the end of the slot, on the opposite side from where you'd connect the monitor. Some cards can extend past the slot and if you have something close to the end of that slot it can block the card. Some motherboards might have SATA ports, hard drive enclosures, etc in that area.

Solution