Cloaked1

Reputable
Feb 9, 2016
Hello, I have a desktop with the following specifications:

HP Pavilion Power 580-023w Gaming Tower
i5-7400
NVIDIA GTX 1060 3GB Graphics
1x8 GB Memory

I primarily use this for VR gaming and plan to stream games.

Can you recommend any upgrades for this PC?

Thanks.

Solution
How much do you want to spend? The trouble with recommending any upgrades is, your system is quite well balanced as a medium end gaming PC, so once you upgrade one component then another becomes the weak link.

The most obvious thing is the 1 memory stick, you need 2 for dual channel memory....which makes a big difference to performance. So I'd start by buy an identical 8GB of memory to the one you already have, giving you 2x8 dual channel memory.

The GTX 1060 3GB is the next weakest component, if you can sell it for a good price, the 6GB model is so much better.
How much do you want to spend? The trouble with recommending any upgrades is, your system is quite well balanced as a medium end gaming PC, so once you upgrade one component then another becomes the weak link.

The most obvious thing is the 1 memory stick, you need 2 for dual channel memory....which makes a big difference to performance. So I'd start by buy an identical 8GB of memory to the one you already have, giving you 2x8 dual channel memory.

The GTX 1060 3GB is the next weakest component, if you can sell it for a good price, the 6GB model is so much better.

Solution