Upgrading HP PC - is this compatible or even worth it?

Cinnatag

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
Hi, I bought an alright HP PC from PCworld (go figure...) about a year ago. Since that time I've started playing PC games more and would like to update my PC if possible. My current specs lifted from their site:

Motherboard: MSI MS-7778 (Jasmine)
Processor: AMD A10-5700
Memory: 8GB DDR3
Graphics: AMD Radeon HD 7570
Hard drive: 2TB
PSU: Corsair 500w
Case: HP mini-tower

Eventually I'd like to build a PC from scratch however I was wondering for now whether getting a decent graphics card would make a considerable improvement (I'm looking at the GTX 770)?
I understand I'd probably need a new PSU and possibly even case to fit it all however would there be any issues with compatibility when it comes to my system? Or should I just wait until I could do a complete new build (CPU Mobo etc...)?

Solution
You're good with an upgrade. A 270 is quite a leap up from an HD 7570 and should work well with your CPU.

You may likely find a 'low-profile' video card for your original cabinet but they tend to be 'pricey' -- and it may not work with your current PSU.

Cinnatag

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
As far I can tell it does. What I'm asking though is would there be a considerable, noticeable improvement to warrant the upgrade? It's either that or go without for now until I can start from scratch.

Cinnatag

Reputable
Sep 3, 2014
Think so. You'll have to excuse me I'm kinda new to PC stuff. From what I can find my motherboard is a uATX in a case that only fits uATX, I was probably gonna transfer it all to a new case if possible seeing as the graphics card wouldn't fit.

You're good with an upgrade. A 270 is quite a leap up from an HD 7570 and should work well with your CPU.

You may likely find a 'low-profile' video card for your original cabinet but they tend to be 'pricey' -- and it may not work with your current PSU.

Solution