[SOLVED] Upgrading Laptop

Feb 25, 2019
(never used forums, sorry if i do something wrong)

So i recently broke my laptop, and while fixing it i also wanted to upgrade it a bit. I was going to add a 120gb or a 250gb ssd and 8 gb of ram, wanted to add an ssd, becuase starting and booting everything took years. and wanted to add 8 more gb of rams cause i so that i always fully used my current 8gb.

I curious how will this affect my laptop productivity and gaming. Will this make a huge or any difference??

My laptop :

https://www.techradar.com/reviews/p...ars-special-edition-notebook-1311700/review/2

(Mine has 8gb of ram not 6)

Solution
For all around speed would it do you good,but for gaming not that much. Maybe levels would be loaded faster and with more ram less writing to the page file so maybe less stutter if you have that problem,but otherwise are gpu and cpu the same so performance in games as well.Productivity might benefit form the additions as well,but like before cpu and gpu are the performance parts and are still the same.

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
For all around speed would it do you good,but for gaming not that much. Maybe levels would be loaded faster and with more ram less writing to the page file so maybe less stutter if you have that problem,but otherwise are gpu and cpu the same so performance in games as well.Productivity might benefit form the additions as well,but like before cpu and gpu are the performance parts and are still the same.

Solution

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
yea, when i play some games it stutters alot.
Can't say for sure that stutter is a problem of not enough ram,but adding will only really tell. One thing you can do is monitor ram usage,might look with MSI Afterburner or the next tool,

download hwinfo64,
install and open it,
check "sensors-only",
click "run".
if really up to the max when playing games might it help to add ram as well.