[SOLVED] Upgrading mid 2010 MacBook Pro 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

csmith67

Reputable
Aug 30, 2014
Hey guys I'm looking to do some video rendering on my mac so do you think it's worth upgrading to 8GB of ram with an SSD? Right now I have 4GB of ram and a regular HDD.

My CPU is 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo and I'm running Yosemite, the latest firmware. It's kind of laggy at the start up, but still not as fast as I want it to be.

Solution
Hi, yes I would definitely recommend both of these as I actually did exactly this for a friend! he has a core 2 duo macbook and first we did the 8gb of ram which helps his multitasking, and it will definitely help with rendering. The ssd will 100 percent help your boot and loading programs! And the ram will help using heavy more demanding programs like a rendering program.

Theres a downside though, video rendering required a good graphics card/built in gpu and I'm not too sure if the one on a core 2 duo macbook is the best, but you're not looking to get a new macbook/laptoppppp, they yeah 8gb and an ssd will definitely make a difference!

Hope this helps :)

alichowdry

Reputable
Dec 29, 2014
Hi, yes I would definitely recommend both of these as I actually did exactly this for a friend! he has a core 2 duo macbook and first we did the 8gb of ram which helps his multitasking, and it will definitely help with rendering. The ssd will 100 percent help your boot and loading programs! And the ram will help using heavy more demanding programs like a rendering program.

Theres a downside though, video rendering required a good graphics card/built in gpu and I'm not too sure if the one on a core 2 duo macbook is the best, but you're not looking to get a new macbook/laptoppppp, they yeah 8gb and an ssd will definitely make a difference!

Hope this helps :)

Solution

freeskier93

Reputable
Dec 2, 2014
My 2010 Macbook Pro runs Yosemite great with an SSD, will make a world of difference for daily use. I also have 8 GB of RAM which helps with certain tasks. Realistically though, if you're doing rendering, you should really consider upgrading to a computer that isn't 5 years old. SSD and RAM aren't going to help much.

Status
Not open for further replies.