• Hey there, Guest! Share your idea for a new trophy in the forums and win bragging rights and a $100 Amazon gift card! Check out the New Community Trophy Contest here!
  • Pardon our dust as we work on some regularly scheduled forum maintenance. You may notice some missing features during this time. Thank you for your patience!

Upgrading my ACER ASPIRE AX3960

markbartley

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
I bought the PC refurbished and it's quite small and compact. Now i want to get a new graphics card for it and i don't know which ones will fit, im aware they have tp be low profile. My power supply is only 220W. I'd prefer not to have to buy a new one though, so if anyone knows if there are any half decent low profile graphics cards that will work with a 220W that'd be awesome/

I have about 80 pounds to spend.
The highest quality game I will be playing is GW2 and i'm happy to run it on low settings.

If someone could link me a power supply that would fit my PC or a graphics card that would work with my 220W power supply that would be awesome.

Thanks

bob hays

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
Hi there, I was in a similar situation a little while ago. First we'd need to know what cpu and more importantly what brand of power supply because some PSU's claim a certain wattage but don't really perform to that level. And what resolution is your monitor?

markbartley

Honorable
Jan 19, 2013
My moniter is a HD television aha. CPU? As in processor? its an i3 i believe. Where can i find my power supplies brand?

bob hays

Honorable
Nov 21, 2012
To find out what power supply you have, you'll have to open the pc and manually check the logo/branding
EDIT: Do you know how old the computer is? And while you check the power supply, check what motherboard you have.