[SOLVED] Upgrading my current PC.

Sticky_1

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
Looking to upgrade my PC, Huge lag spikes in games like Rust, DayZ, which are heavy rendering games, rendering in the map and new scenes walking around.
Specs:
i5-6400
GTX 750 TI
8gb Ram
400 PSU
1 TB HDD
60 GB SSD

I was looking and the RX 570 4gb OC is affordable, but would it fit with the wattage and would it help?
What upgrading process should I go in?

Solution
It's not quite as fast as a GTX 1050ti. The problem is the power draw. The CX430 is simply not that great of a PSU. I wouldn't use any graphics card, that requires external PCI-E connection, with that PSU. Especially since the age of it isn't stellar. A corsair CX550m would be a good budget solution, for a new PSU, though. It's a newer, and better, platform, internally.

Sticky_1

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
Yes, that has to go. Not a quality PSU, at all.
Good to know , I have a PC next to me I havent used in years its worse than this PC but has a 430W Corsair Bronze Certified PSU , I tested it and all of the fans turned on but was prompted with error 99 when I tried turning it on, an error unrelated to the PSU as far as I looked up, If I switched that one in would I be fine or should I just get a new one ?

logainofhades

Titan
It's not quite as fast as a GTX 1050ti. The problem is the power draw. The CX430 is simply not that great of a PSU. I wouldn't use any graphics card, that requires external PCI-E connection, with that PSU. Especially since the age of it isn't stellar. A corsair CX550m would be a good budget solution, for a new PSU, though. It's a newer, and better, platform, internally.

Solution

Sticky_1

Prominent
Jul 5, 2017
What's an example of a card that requires external PCI-E connection?