Upgrading my PC

Xttract

Reputable
May 10, 2014
Hi!
I'm looking at upgrading my pc's CPU, GPU and RAM generally around the same time. What should I upgrade to?
I don't don't really have a budget but I don't want to go all out on the best GPU on the market.
I currently have
CPU: i3 4130
GPU: GTX 650
RAM: 4gb

Solution

The first thing you should do is get a better graphics card. Upgrade to an R9 280 or GTX 760, and get another stick of RAM to make 8GB total. (Make sure it is the same exact brand and model).

Your CPU is okay.

Xttract

Reputable
May 10, 2014

I don't really have a budget but I don't really want to go spending $1000 on a GPU

I'm running on Windows 7

I wish to be able to play newer games at higher graphic settings with a high frame rate

Karadjgne

Titan
Ambassador
Without changing your motherboard, unless you have a z87, the best you can do is an i5-4670, for ram I would choose 2x4Gb gskill or corsair vengeance, and without an upgraded PSU, to a quality 550w or better, you're about as good as it gets for gpu.

The first thing you should do is get a better graphics card. Upgrade to an R9 280 or GTX 760, and get another stick of RAM to make 8GB total. (Make sure it is the same exact brand and model).

Your CPU is okay.

Solution