Upgrading my processor

voysznmahed

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
im kinda lost and looking for some techy help... i have an Asus F2A85-M motherboard and would like to know what proccesor my board can actually upgrade to? any help out there?

Solution
What? .. and no psu? no hdd/ssd? :)

Anyway - I'd upgrade GPU first and see, how that goes. If graphics quality settings you're after, then gpu upgrade will provide that.
CPU will hold down your system - that's for sure. But - to what extent?
You'll have to check and see, how that upgraded GPU performs in your system.

If performance still is not satisfactory, then start saving for a new cpu/motherboard/ram.
BTW - get SSD for your system, if you don't have one already.

voysznmahed

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
Dang, im so sorry,feel a little stupid now lol, like i said... kind new(sorry). Anyways my CPU is an AMD A8-5600k with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics 3.60. I would like to know what the best upgrade for my mobo is if there even is one. And thank you for your speedy reply!

voysznmahed

Prominent
Sep 13, 2017
darn, i wasnt hoping to drop alot of cash just yet, maybe a few hundred. I was kinda hoping there was an upgrade option. I use this computer mainly for gaming and it has been adequate so far. I was going to upgrade my GPU to a 1060 ti and try to squeeze some more power from a stronger core if one was available. I been playin Player Uknowns Battlegrounds and wanted to get a little better quality..... i know its not an optimized game yet, but i know it comes down to GPU and CPU

What? .. and no psu? no hdd/ssd? :)

Anyway - I'd upgrade GPU first and see, how that goes. If graphics quality settings you're after, then gpu upgrade will provide that.
CPU will hold down your system - that's for sure. But - to what extent?
You'll have to check and see, how that upgraded GPU performs in your system.

If performance still is not satisfactory, then start saving for a new cpu/motherboard/ram.
BTW - get SSD for your system, if you don't have one already.

Solution