Upgrading soon, looking forward for feedback

lapcheong

Reputable
May 6, 2015
Hello everyone! I'm upgrading my computer after three years and I'm looking forward for some recommendations or advisory about the components and if they work good together.
Here's the list of the new and old components:

-CPU: Intel Core i5 - 4440 3.1 GHz
-RAM: x2 4 gb DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu
-Mobo: Asus B85m-g
-GPU: Asus GTX 1050 Ti Strix 4gb ddr5 (new)
-PSU: Corsair cx500 (new)
-SSD: Kingston 240gb (new)
-HDD: Seagate 1Tb

Will they not generate any kind of bottlenecks ? Will you guys recommend me changing something?

Thanks!

Everything works but we need to know what components are new and what is old to know if you are spending your money wisely; if you already have board and memory in old build then staying haswell makes sense, otherwise money is better spent on new generation hardware.

I would certainly advise you to get something better than that kingston SSD drive. Kingston uses what all of the budget grade SSD drives uses which is Toshiba 3D TLC chips, which suck. Stick with samsung or crucial for SSDs. I would frankly recommend you save to get a better SSD but if you have to have to buy a budget drive then the "best" of that bunch from my research is the PNY C1311.

lapcheong

Reputable
May 6, 2015

My budget goes around $500 for the upgrade. Yes, this pc is used mainly for gaming, navigation, Netflix, etc

About the processor I'm thinking about upgrading it in a few years, with mobo and rams (ddr4 replacement)

About the GPU, there's plenty of stock in my country as mining isn't popular, so the prices hasn't raised

lapcheong

Reputable
May 6, 2015

The old components are
Mobo: Asus B85m-g
CPU: Intel Core i5 - 4440 3.1 GHz
Ram: x2 4 gb DDR3 Kingston HyperX Blu
GPU: PNY GT-730 (old) -> Upgrading to GTX 1050 Ti
PSU: Came included with case, 430 w nominal but pretty sure they´re not real watts, so buying a Corsair CX500
SSD: Never had before, Why is Kingston SSD v3 not good?
HDD: Seagate 1 tb 7.2k RPM, this will be new, as the old one stopped working.

Thanks for advice