Question Upgrading the GPU on a HP Envy 750-100nl

Nov 13, 2019
Hi to all, this is my first post here. I was thinking to change my crappy GPU (Gigabyte GTX 710) to a newer one in occasion of the "Black Week" on major retail websites as Amazon are planning to do so. So I did all the research that I was able to make and nothing close to my question came out: what is the best graphics card that I can put in? The motherboard in question is a HP 2b47 [or a Pegatron Odense 2b47, practically the same - only the color of the pcb changes], and a quick look at CPU-Z told me that my motherboard has only one 1x slot and one 8x slot for expansion cards (PCI-E), but I need a 16x slot to install a GPU. I think the version is 3.0, so technically I could put a fast-enough modern GPU. But in the graphics section of CPU-Z the memory on the GTX 710 seems to be DDR3, which is even more confusing after reading a forum post on Tom's Hardware that says that you can put a GTX 1050 ti on the motherboard just by disableing some secure boot features in the BIOS. So after all this non-sense, what graphics card could I put in there?

P.S. My setup is currently formed by:

CPU Intel Core i7-6700

RAM [unknown] 2x8 GB DDR3-1600 mhz

GPU Gigabyte GTX 710 (2gb ram)

PSU [unknown] 300w

+ 2x Sata Storage Devices [256gb SSD + 7200 rpm 1tb HDD]

+ Internal SD reader, CD/DVD-RW burner, two usb 2.0 and two usb 3.0 port on the front

And I linked via usb 2.0 on the motherboard a Behringer UMC404HD, a M-Audio Code 61, and a [generic] Samsung CD/DVD-RW burner, all NOT powered externally, but via usb.

I generally play WarThunder (often) - GTA V (rarely) - MInecraft (sometimes) and make large use of Illustrator, Photoshop, Audition [CC 2018] and Ableton Live 10 Lite. I often forget to close some tabs off Chrome and apllications Windows (this is why I upgraded to 16gb of RAM), so other than the "non-thermal-throttling", the principal things I try to get from a GPU are: smoother gaming [expecially in WarThunder] (just more fps, the quality of the image doesn't matter much to me) that can hold a 2560x1440p monitor and the "reducing" of the lag while JUST scrolling through the projects in the graphics and music programs I've listed before. If anyone just takes some time to do the research, I don't know how to repay you in some way, but generally thank you very much.