Upgrading to 980 ti!!

Designful

Reputable
Apr 12, 2015
Title says it.

I've made a post a couple months ago inquiring any other upgrades I may need if I get a GTX 980. I was told I should consider waiting for the 980 ti and that it is a huge upgrade from my current setup so I am extremely looking forward to it.

I just want to make sure before I invest in a [$650] GPU unknowing I may need to upgrade something else as well.

Current Set Up:
Asus P8B75-M
Kingston 8gb RAM
i5 3570k @3.4 ghz
GTX 750 ti
500w EVGA PSU

Solution
It's probable you'll need to bring the power supply up to 600 Watts, maybe a little more, the rest of the setup looks OK otherwise.
We're still awaiting its release, which should be early/mid June, as seasoned PC Superior Life Form I suggest you hold off until a little later in the month and see what the new AMD Fiji based card/s bring to the table before making a purchase though.

Points that should have been raised in your previous thread:
The GTX980Ti is a massively powerful part (or should be according to leaked specs) and is huge overkill for a 60Hz 1080 display, unless you're going to move up to (or already have) at least one 1440 res or a fast 120/144Hz display I'd aim a little lower and save yourself a lot of cash.
The rest of...
It's probable you'll need to bring the power supply up to 600 Watts, maybe a little more, the rest of the setup looks OK otherwise.
We're still awaiting its release, which should be early/mid June, as seasoned PC Superior Life Form I suggest you hold off until a little later in the month and see what the new AMD Fiji based card/s bring to the table before making a purchase though.

Points that should have been raised in your previous thread:
The GTX980Ti is a massively powerful part (or should be according to leaked specs) and is huge overkill for a 60Hz 1080 display, unless you're going to move up to (or already have) at least one 1440 res or a fast 120/144Hz display I'd aim a little lower and save yourself a lot of cash.
The rest of the system is two gens old but there's no need to upgrade any of it.
If you find yourself with some spare upgrade cash after the GPU upgrade, think about adding a SSD-maybe purchase and install it along with Win 10 later this year.
If you are thinking about upgrading your display/s remember AMD Freesync monitors are less expensive than Nvidia G-sync ones, in this case I'd decide on the GPU first and select an appropriate monitor later.

Solution