Upgrading to pro

StaalZA

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012
Hi guys,

I recently purchased a ACER Aspire V5 touch, which came with pre-loaded windows 8 Single Language.

I bought this for work, however, my company requires me to use Professional or Ultimate Operating Systems on said laptop.

Is there a way to upgrade my current version on the laptop to a pro version of windows 8 or even 8.1 without paying to much for the transition?

Solution
This may help you.

Add Windows 8.1 Pro Pack or Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack to your edition of Windows 8.1

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)

Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.

Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.1 and then do one of the following:

If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.

Follow the steps to purchase and enter a product key.

If you already have a product key, tap or click I already have a product key.

Enter your product key and click Next.

Read the...

PinchedNerve

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
This may help you.

Add Windows 8.1 Pro Pack or Windows 8.1 Media Center Pack to your edition of Windows 8.1

Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, and then tap Search.

(If you're using a mouse, point to the upper-right corner of the screen, and then click Search.)

Enter add features in the search box, and then tap or click Settings.

Tap or click Add features to Windows 8.1 and then do one of the following:

If you need to purchase a product key, tap or click I want to buy a product key online.

Follow the steps to purchase and enter a product key.

If you already have a product key, tap or click I already have a product key.

Enter your product key and click Next.

Read the license terms, select the check box to accept the license terms, and then click Add features.

If you were running Windows 8.1, your PC will restart automatically and Windows 8.1 Pro with Media Center will be available for use.

If you were running Windows 8.1 Pro, your PC will restart automatically and Windows Media Center will be available for use.

Solution

StaalZA

Honorable
Nov 8, 2012

just so i understand correctly, I can upgrade my existing version of windows 8 to win 8.1pro by using your directions, or do I need to have Windows 8.1 and upgrade that version to pro?

PinchedNerve

Honorable
Oct 26, 2013
I'm not sure since I haven't done it or even heard about it being done. Win 7 & I believe Vista had a "Windows Anytime Upgrade" which I would think is exactly this but named different. Just guessing here but I would imagine which ever 8 or 8.1 could be upgraded to Pro. If you upgraded Win 8 to Pro just use Windows store to get 8.1 which would in turn then be 8.1 Pro.