[SOLVED] Upgrading to RTX

Mar 20, 2020
Hey there!

As the title suggests I'm looking to upgrade from my MSI GTX 1070 8GB to one of the RTX cards. My question boils down to which one I should get that will work the best with my current motherboard, CPU, and power supply and avoid any major bottlenecking. I've been playing a lot of Monster Hunter World and Borderlands 3 lately and want to get them looking pretty and running at least 60 frames consistently.

PSU: High Power 800 W
CPU: Intel i7-6700k @4.00Ghz
MoBo: Gigabyte B250-HD3-CF

Thanks to anyone that takes the time to help me out I really appreciate it!

Solution
I was in a similar situation in october when I rebuild in an itx machine. My msi 1070 gaming x was simply to big for the case, otherwise I wouldve used it a little while longer.
Performance wise you would look at RTX 2070S and Radeon 5700xt for a substantial difference. I personally was searching for a used 1080ti and ended up with a used 2080, because the deal was too good. Replaced the cooler and its running like a charm. Buying used is a personal decision but I had good success. Rocking a used cpu, mobo and gpu right now.

EndEffeKt_24

Commendable
Mar 27, 2019
I was in a similar situation in october when I rebuild in an itx machine. My msi 1070 gaming x was simply to big for the case, otherwise I wouldve used it a little while longer.
Performance wise you would look at RTX 2070S and Radeon 5700xt for a substantial difference. I personally was searching for a used 1080ti and ended up with a used 2080, because the deal was too good. Replaced the cooler and its running like a charm. Buying used is a personal decision but I had good success. Rocking a used cpu, mobo and gpu right now.

Solution