Question Upgrading to the z690 chipset and Radeon 6900xt

briblo1982

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2015
I have upgraded to the z690 chipset. I have installed the video card vertically with the corsair 4000d airflow white case. I have reinstalled windows 11 and after a couple of restarts it gives me a whea uncorrectable error. This means hardware issue with graphics card, memory or board. On the video card there is 3 power plugs 2 are 8 pin and 1 is 6 pin. I'm not sure what to plug into the 6-pin cable so i plug an extra 8-pin pci cable to the graphics card. About to take it to a computer shop and let them find out what's wrong with it. There was a extra power plugged in the motherboard as well. Any ideas?

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
I have upgraded to the z690 chipset. I have installed the video card vertically with the corsair 4000d airflow white case. I have reinstalled windows 11 and after a couple of restarts it gives me a whea uncorrectable error. This means hardware issue with graphics card, memory or board. On the video card there is 3 power plugs 2 are 8 pin and 1 is 6 pin. I'm not sure what to plug into the 6-pin cable so i plug an extra 8-pin pci cable to the graphics card. About to take it to a computer shop and let them find out what's wrong with it. There was a extra power plugged in the motherboard as well. Any ideas?
You need to list all the parts used on the PC just the information provided is nothing near enough.