Question Upgrading to Windows 10 From Windows 7 With a Non Windows 10 Ready Motherboard

adrian1945

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2012
Hello guys,
I am looking forward to upgrade my PC to Win 10 but i use the Asus MoBo "P8Z68-V LE".
On the box of my MoBo says it is Windows 7 ready and i am not sure that if there will be any compatibilty issues when i install windows 10 ?
I appreciate any help.

Lutfij

Titan
First, make sure your BIOS is up to date.
Second, download either the latest drivers for the closest OS to Windows 10 or Windows 7, whichever is convenient for you and then install the drivers in compatibility mode.

^ That is, Right click installer>Compatibility Tab>Windows X (from the drop down menu)

signorigianmario

Reputable
Mar 23, 2018
The only problem will be when you're shutting down the PC, instead of shutting down, your pc will enter in a Hibernation state. Maybe you can find an update on producer's website (ASRock G31M-S R2.0 has one).

adrian1945

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2012
I decided to just install the drivers for Windows 8.1 using compability mode as Lutfij said.I am going to probably switch to Windows 10 at next weekend.Thank you guys.I will let you know if it works by posting here.BTW is there any method for checking after installing Windows 10 if Windows 8.1 drivers are okay with Wİndows 10 other than just observing if any lag or bug occurs?