Question upHere 5V PWM RGB fans (T7SYC7-3) not syncing with MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC / Mystic Lighting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2019
I recently purchased the upHere RGB fans but even after trying a lot, I'm unable to get it to work with the MSI mystic light software. The is a jrainbow header to which the Phanteks P350 led wire was connected but now that I have the RGB hub from uphere, I connected the M/B Sync wire to the jrainbow header on the motherboard, the PWM wire to sys 1 fan header on the motherboard (so both the wires coming from the RGB header goes to the motherboard) then connected the case led wire to the hub.

Both the case led light and the fan are in sync but it cannot be controlled using the mystic light software. I have done something wrong for sure as the onboard led light can be controlled using the mystic light app

Any help is highly appreciated.

My specs:

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC motherboard
Ryzen 5 2600
Phantek p350x case
Rtx 2060 graphics card
2 x 8GB DDR4 Ram - HyperX fury
Samsung Evo 850 HDD
Viewsonic curved Monitor 24inch 144hz

SELcbhP.jpg

PTElQkX.png

Xg9GR1O.png

ZZaoarw.png

Last edited:

AurealNight

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015
"To sync up with your RGB software, You had to press and HOLD the reset button at least 3 seconds once all the cables are connected."

I'm looking at the same fans for use with my Z390 Godlike. Hope this helps.

AurealNight

Reputable
Feb 19, 2015
Correction, I'm looking at the T7SYC7-6. If I'm reading it right you need to hold the reset button down for 3 seconds to sync with your board. I'm wondering how well these perform myself so please let me know if this works for you.

Nov 19, 2019
I recently purchased the upHere RGB fans but even after trying a lot, I'm unable to get it to work with the MSI mystic light software. The is a jrainbow header to which the Phanteks P350 led wire was connected but now that I have the RGB hub from uphere, I connected the M/B Sync wire to the jrainbow header on the motherboard, the PWM wire to sys 1 fan header on the motherboard (so both the wires coming from the RGB header goes to the motherboard) then connected the case led wire to the hub.

Both the case led light and the fan are in sync but it cannot be controlled using the mystic light software. I have done something wrong for sure as the onboard led light can be controlled using the mystic light app

Any help is highly appreciated.

My specs:

MSI B450 Gaming Pro Carbon AC motherboard
Ryzen 5 2600
Phantek p350x case
Rtx 2060 graphics card
2 x 8GB DDR4 Ram - HyperX fury
Samsung Evo 850 HDD
Viewsonic curved Monitor 24inch 144hz

SELcbhP.jpg

PTElQkX.png

Xg9GR1O.png

ZZaoarw.png
I’ve got the same mobo and have bought the same rgb fans and, about to build it over XMAS for my son. Please can you update us on whether the reset fix worked?

Status
Not open for further replies.