uplease with THG making socket-5 upgrade article

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

I have running a word processing machine with a 486 SX 25mhz 8mb RAM -> Win95 works, but only very slight multitasking

My Pentium 200 MMX is running now Win98SE with 64mb of EDO RAM overclocked at 225mhz, some virtual memory swapping, it is not dead slow at all, nearly no crashes.

I have also ran it with Win98,first without overclocking and 32mb of ram, some memory swapping, with 64mb of ram worked just like Win98SE, and no difference when overclocked. For me Win98 is more stable than Win98SE.

Win95 OSR2, 32mb of ram, no overclocking -> ¿stable? - most time, but some BSOD once in a while, more memory swapping than with Win98 (better memory management)

Win2k Pro, 64mb of ram, overclocking -> the more stable os ever installed in my computer, more memory swapping than with Win98, multitasking all right

Win2k server, same config as above -> too slow for multitasking properly

Windows Whistler 2416, same config -> too slow for anything, crashes

Windows ME, same config -> slower than Win98, multitasking all right, screwed up when using Media Player 7

SEARCH FIRST, THEN POST