[SOLVED] Upload speed slower on one PC vs another?

miket11

Distinguished
Oct 27, 2011
Hi guys, I wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions as to why would my internet speed be slower on one computer vs another.
Let me be a little more specific.
I got ATT 1G Fiber installed last week, before I had WOW 500 Down and 40 Up so I wouldn't have been able to see this issue.

When I do speed test I get results on 500 DOWN and about 400 UP on one of my computer which is actually a cheaper and weaker computer.
On the computer that matters I still get close to 500 DOWN but only around 20-30 UP.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the cause for this?
And, also if you guys have any idea why im only getting half of what i should that would be great to.

This is the motherboard I have on the PC that matters that is only getting 20-30 UP (Asrock x99 extreme6)

Thanks guys

Solution
Your motherboard has 2 ethernet ports do both have the same issue.

You can try a program called IPERF and transfer data between your machines. This is a very simple line mode program that is only affected by the network drivers and hardware. Things like CPU/memory etc have little impact. You should see 900mbps+ in both directions.

What you can also try is to boot a linux image from a usb stick. This runs completely on the USB so it will not damage your windows install. This will show you if there is some hardware issue or if it is something in windows causing it.

Make sure you have to not loaded and the "gamer" qos/priority stuff. It can come packaged with some video cards.
Your motherboard has 2 ethernet ports do both have the same issue.

You can try a program called IPERF and transfer data between your machines. This is a very simple line mode program that is only affected by the network drivers and hardware. Things like CPU/memory etc have little impact. You should see 900mbps+ in both directions.

What you can also try is to boot a linux image from a usb stick. This runs completely on the USB so it will not damage your windows install. This will show you if there is some hardware issue or if it is something in windows causing it.

Make sure you have to not loaded and the "gamer" qos/priority stuff. It can come packaged with some video cards.

Solution