uploading pictures fails w/ a white square box

Cassrbible

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013
Why won't my pictures upload to the internet? - every time I try I get a blank white box. Do I need to change a setting or something that I don't know about? It was working fine a week ago. I'm at a loss. If any one can help it would be greatly appreciated.

Cassrbible

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I'm still a little confused as to exactly what is happening. Do the pictures show up correctly in Windows photo gallery?
I really wouldn't be surprised if it's a browser issue of some sort. You could try hitting ctrl+shift+Delete to clear some of your browsing data. Otherwise I'd really suggest just trying a different browser. Inconvenient if you don't have any others installed, but that's my thought.

Cassrbible

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013

Cassrbible

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013

Yes my pictures are showing up in windows photo gallery. So is it okay to install another browser and still have explorer? I have installed google chrome before and uninstalled it during a reset. I'm learning as I go. I just thought that 2 browsers would take up more space on my computer and I can't find a way to delete internet explorer off of my computer. It doesn't give me any options. Let's say I'm on facebook; etc.. i'll click on something like-upload picture. It will open my photo gallery tab as usual and show my picture/file. I click on open pick so it will upload and the photo browser gallery goes away, and where the picture would normally load a white box appears which there has never been a white box appear anywhere and it says loading pics etc... then when it's done, it says complete. There aren't any pictures there though. On an auction site I did the same thing and after I uploaded it I previewed my page and the box said add photo; It didn't take. That's the best I can explain. It's amazing how much I have learned about computers just from having one for the past year, and help from ppl like you!

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
Yeah, Windows doesn't want you to remove Internet Explorer. Two browsers do take up more space, but usually not very much, and for most computers nowadays, it's trivial. I have four browsers on this computer (don't ask why). I can't think of anything that would be causing this problem other than the browser. That of course doesn't mean it is the browser, but that's all I've got for now.

Cassrbible

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013

thanks for your input. can u suggest some differentbrowsers besides the obvious chrome?

of the way

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2010
I like Chrome, but Firefox is also well respected. Opera is another nice one, but it has fewer resources behind it than the big name browsers.
Curious, do you use Windows Update? Just wondering if you're using the most up to date Internet Explorer.

Cassrbible

Honorable
Mar 25, 2013

yes I use windows update. I downloaded Picasso; haven't tried it yet. I think i'm going to try chrome and firefox- check something different out. Thanks> for all the help. I'll keep u up to date with what the problem was/is. Hopefully!