Question Upper left corner of LG monitor turning red after a few hours of use

Dadrian Daedalus

Distinguished
May 25, 2015
I have a 24 inch LG monitor (24MP88HV) that's roughly 4 years old at this point. Its connected to my pc via one of its HDMI ports(it has 2 of them).

It has been working fine these past few years, however of late i have been observing that whenever its kept running for more than 2 hours at a stretch,a red glow starts to appear from the upper left corner,and a white glow from its upper right corner.If the pc switches to standby mode(thus turning the display off),the glow disappears,only to reappear again after having been left on for a while.

The red and white glow that develop at the upper corners are quite faint and not very pronounced,but they can be noticed quite clearly against black backgrounds or images and is rather annoying.Is it possible that this condition might deteriorate further,thus rendering the monitor unusable?

This problem didn't exist earlier and has appeared only recently-i have tried connecting it to a different pc (via the 2nd hdmi port that's built into the monitor) but to no avail.So i think something must be wrong with the monitor itself.

Is the display panel of the monitor about to go bad or is malfunctioning? Should i try to get it serviced?AFAIK its no longer in warranty,so the only option would be to go for a paid repair-would that be worthwhile?

PC config:
I5 10400,
32 gb ram,
Geforce RTX 3060
Win 10 pro