Question UPS 650va continuous beeping

Mar 20, 2023
I recently built a new system unit. Here's my specs:
GPU: 4070ti
CPU: i7-13700k
AIO: 240mm
PSU: 850 80+ gold
I'm not sure if some of the specs still matters in regard to my concern.

Yesterday I just bought a UPS thinking I need to take care of my setup. It is a 650va APC UPS. What I plug in the UPS are my 2 monitors (24 inches secondary monitor 60hz, 27 inches primary monitor 1440p, 170hz) and my system unit. Whenever I start a game like for example, Valorant or Call of Duty, my UPS beeps continuously which only stops either when I turn off the game immediately or what happened the first time is my PC turned off. It seems like my PSU can't handle my computer? If it is, what kind of UPS do i buy? I was told by the shop i bought the UPS from that it doesn't matter how much VA is the UPS i buy since my intention is to just shutdown the PC immediately if ever a black out happens.

What specific UPS is it? A link or model number would be good.
Your manual should also cover warning tones, but if I had to guess your system under load is exceeding the rated output of the UPS. Meaning if the power were to cut under those load conditions it would not have sufficient output to power everything at once, resulting in your system turning off abruptly anyway.
While battery size is not vital to your use case (shutting down within a minute or two) you do have to find a unit with sufficient output wattage.
If your UPS only puts out 400w on battery, and the system draws 500w under load, it wont function, for example.

Mar 20, 2023
What specific UPS is it? A link or model number would be good.
Your manual should also cover warning tones, but if I had to guess your system under load is exceeding the rated output of the UPS. Meaning if the power were to cut under those load conditions it would not have sufficient output to power everything at once, resulting in your system turning off abruptly anyway.
While battery size is not vital to your use case (shutting down within a minute or two) you do have to find a unit with sufficient output wattage.
If your UPS only puts out 400w on battery, and the system draws 500w under load, it wont function, for example.

Thank you for replying. Here is the model bx650li-ms, apc 650va. I think it really is the problem, given i have an 850w psu. Do you happen to know what ups is the least that i should get, how much VA?

A (very rough) way to look at it is 1.6x the load wattage for the VA rating, or .6x the VA to get the units output.
So in this case, your 650VA unit puts out just over 300w (and the specs show this as well in the product data sheet, found here: https://www.apc.com/id/en/product/BX650LI-MS/apc-backups-650va-230v-avr-universal-sockets/).
I would be looking into a unit in the 1000VA+ range, as you likely will never be drawing 850w. A decent 1000VA unit should output at least 500w.
You can also invest in a kill-a-watt meter (or other energy monitoring device) to get your systems power consumption under load and plan from there.

Mar 20, 2023
I see. So it really is because of the wattage of my UPS. I decided to buy UPS-SECURE 2000VA/1200watts. Will that suffice? And is the brand okay? I wanted to go for APC since it has good reviews throughout the internet but where I'm at right now, they only have 1kVA/600watts APC UPS.