Question UPS does not switch to battery mode during power loss.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
Hey y'all, I am currently an 18 month old AWP AID1500 PRO LCD 1500VA UPS. Recently, I discovered that when there's a powerloss, my UPS just turns off and doesn't switch to battery mode. I tried unplugging from the socket and trying to switch it on, but it just will beep and turn off. However, if I plug it in, the LCD screen will display that it has a full battery. Does anyone know what the issue is here? It used to work fine but suddenly this happened. Any help will be appreciated, thank you!

Attached below is a video of the issue and the image of my UPS LCD.

kanewolf

Titan
Hey y'all, I am currently an 18 month old AWP AID1500 PRO LCD 1500VA UPS. Recently, I discovered that when there's a powerloss, my UPS just turns off and doesn't switch to battery mode. I tried unplugging from the socket and trying to switch it on, but it just will beep and turn off. However, if I plug it in, the LCD screen will display that it has a full battery. Does anyone know what the issue is here? It used to work fine but suddenly this happened. Any help will be appreciated, thank you!

Attached below is a video of the issue and the image of my UPS LCD.

Seems like it is time to replace the battery. Fully charged and able to provide the required amperage are two different things.

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
Seems like it is time to replace the battery. Fully charged and able to provide the required amperage are two different things.
So battery's dead then, huh? Hope it won't cost me much. Can I ask, are there any other possible issues that may have this happen apart from the batteries failing?

kanewolf

Titan
So battery's dead then, huh? Hope it won't cost me much. Can I ask, are there any other possible issues that may have this happen apart from the batteries failing?
Batteries REQUIRE replacement. 3-5 years is typical, but if you live somewhere that has frequent power problems and the batteries are required frequently, then they can fail more quickly.
It is also possible that you have added hardware, since your initial purchase and the load exceeds the UPS. The picture of the load display does not seem to indicate that, but if that is while idle, and you have full load gaming when the power loss happens, then that could be your problem.

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
Batteries REQUIRE replacement. 3-5 years is typical, but if you live somewhere that has frequent power problems and the batteries are required frequently, then they can fail more quickly.
It is also possible that you have added hardware, since your initial purchase and the load exceeds the UPS. The picture of the load display does not seem to indicate that, but if that is while idle, and you have full load gaming when the power loss happens, then that could be your problem.
Damn, looks like I'll find a replacement then. Was surprised because it's been only around 18 months since I purchased this, but yeah power loss is somewhat frequent here, so you might be correct. I believe that I do not have full load when gaming, maybe 1-2 bars more. Thank you so much for your responses sir!!!

Rhaemond

Reputable
Apr 25, 2019
Hi! I just opened up my UPS, I found that one of the batteries leaked and I had a corroded terminal. What would be the next best course of action? Thank you.
unNfAsR.jpeg

Jun 27, 2024
Hi! I just opened up my UPS, I found that one of the batteries leaked and I had a corroded terminal. What would be the next best course of action? Thank you.
unNfAsR.jpeg
I know this is quite old but I have 2 units of this very same model. They are 1 year apart but they started to have a similar issue at the same time. One time, I found them both turned off. There was even a time when nothing in the house showed power loss or fluctuation but they both turned off. Just curious what happened to yours and what you did. The newer unit is also around 18 months only and it's even turned on 24 hours unlike the older one.

kanewolf

Titan
I know this is quite old but I have 2 units of this very same model. They are 1 year apart but they started to have a similar issue at the same time. One time, I found them both turned off. There was even a time when nothing in the house showed power loss or fluctuation but they both turned off. Just curious what happened to yours and what you did. The newer unit is also around 18 months only and it's even turned on 24 hours unlike the older one.
This is a year old thread. Please start a new thread for your problem, rather than hijacking another.
Thread closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.