[SOLVED] URGEBT: Just Accidentally Cleared CMOS with Raid 0

Yero

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
I was trying to plug in a cable into the back of the computer and accidentally pressed clear CMOS button.

I am panicking because i had city permitting projects on my desktop i was working on for the past one week because the deadline is tonight.

I had windows set up on two Raid 0 ssds,
I kept the project files on a desktop of ot.

Motherboard is X79A-GD45 Plus

Is there anyway to fix this without recreating Raid, reinstalling windows, reinstalling software, explaining to client and contractor that i need to redo a week long worth of work until i can submit it to them?

Yero

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
Can you get into BIOS? Can you change SATA mode to RAID?

I'm definitely worried for you! RAID 0 is one of the most dangerous ways to organize important files!
Yes, I can get into bios.
I am afraid if i set up new raid 0 it will erase the old Raid.

I was never supposed to use raid 1 for file storage. I have a separate drive for file storage. Stupid of me, so stupid of me.

Yero

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
I am trying to figure out how to enable raid 0 in one of these menus. I remember i had to change something for that feature to appear

Yero

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
0, not 1. Right?

For anyone reading this in the future, several levels of fail:
  1. RAID 0
  2. On SSD
  3. As the OS volume
  4. With no backup
Yes, raid 0. I have a separate raid 1 hhd setup where a drive recently failed. I copied the project to desktop, because i was afraid the other drive could fail before i could fix the drive in raid 1.
Would you maybe try to help instead of rubbing it in to me.

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013
Yes, raid 0. I have a separate raid 1 hhd setup where a drive recently failed. I copied the project to desktop, because i was afraid the other drive could fail before i could fix the drive in raid 1.
Would you maybe try to help instead of rubbing it in to me.
Yes, my link above for ReclaiMe...;)

In your image above, what options are under ACPI settings?

Yero

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
But, wait for some more replies.
Maybe someone else has specific info on this board.
Thank you. I would imagine i would have to setup windows on a separate drive. Install that software. Setup my raid 0 separately and use the software to recover it? Is the software paid?

Yero

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2013
I did the RST thing, rebooted, and… back on track.
Thank you all for holding my hand though it. Can’t be happier. 😮‍💨

DSzymborski

Titan
Thank goodness!

Now please, shoot this RAID into the sun! RAID is really only suitable in very specific situations -- large sequential files that are constantly moved, always-on storefront servers, etc -- and always need proper backups. In most consumer scenarios and even most power users, it's a lot more trouble than it's worth; most will only get a benchmark boost. Your sanity will thank me!

USAFRet

Titan
Mar 16, 2013

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS