Urgent Help! Front and back panels not working

Dec 11, 2018
I bought a new set and tried to put them together today.

My motherboard (asus cog strix z390e) turns on and everything else SEEMS like it is fully running (fans turn on, lights are on...etc.) yet the front panel lights and USB slots and the back doesnt work. In fact, the hdmi or DP on my asus cog strix 2070 doesnt work either...as a noob in computer building, I'm sure I did something wrong but I've been trying to solve this myself for the last hour. I need a professional help pls.

My build:
Intel i7 8700k
Asus cog strix z390e
Asus cog strix gtx 2070
Corsair vengeance rgb pro
Corsair rmx 1000w

romirez

Distinguished
About HDMI/DP on your videocard - it is possible that your monitor need to manually change input mode.
About USB at the back - check if all drivers installed.
About front pannel- it is possible wrong combination of connectors.

Dec 11, 2018
The hdmi and dp on my monitor is set to the corresponding connection. I have tried them both separately and the monitor is still showing a no response message. I have tried to test if it was my monitor or the cord with a ps4 and the ps4 works just fine.

If you meant software wise, I cannot try that seeing as I cant even put in the factory CD rom because of the problem with the monitor.
If you meant if I physically installed it correctly, I followed the instructions in the manual and believe that I did it right.

I double checked just now and referred back to the manual book. Nada. The pLED isnt even lighting up which is peculiar seeing as the button works to start the computer itself. (Reset doesnt seem to work either)

Dec 11, 2018
Wha...

I dont remember doing that, I must've misclicked without even knowing since I'm on my phone so scrolling is an issue... I didnt mean to do that I'm sorry.

Is there a way to reverse the downvote?