Question URGENT!! I tried overclocking my RAM and can't boot. NO CMOS PINS.

May 10, 2019
I overclocked my RAM and now i cant boot. My motherboard does NOT have clear cmos pins!!!!! How do i fix this issue? PLEASE help this is my first ever personal build and im sobbing about it not working.

Ryzen 3 2200g
AsRock b450 PRO4
RX570
Crucial Ballistix Sport (LT??) Memory

May 10, 2019
Remove the watch size cmos battery for a minute or so.

Before you do that, disconnect power and hold case power button for 30seconds to drain caps of remaining power. Remember which side the battery cell goes back.
I already did that, to no result. I've heard that sometimes you have to leave the battery out for a few hours. Should I do that?

May 10, 2019
boot in safe mode, by pressing the del key when booting. or f5 sometimes.
after you logged in remove the program that you overclocked with.
If you did it in the bios you can reset it to factory :)

if it does not boot at all you need to re-seat the cmos battery.
I said it doesn't boot, my screen stays dead black the whole time.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Checked your manual, there is clear cmos pins. Whether you have a jumper there or not, check motherboard box.

No, removing cmos battery pretty much resets bios immediately but to be sure a minute is good enough.

What is exactly happening, no display / booting up?

Ok i just read your last reply, so no display.

Check manual for the correct procedure to reset cmos using the pins.

May 10, 2019
Checked your manual, there is clear cmos pins. Whether you have a jumper there or not, check motherboard box.

No, removing cmos battery pretty much resets bios immediately but to be sure a minute is good enough.

No display output. just turns on and keeps trying to boot. And to be clear, there are no clear cmos pins, i have seached high and low all over my motherboard and havent found them. I checked every square inch 4 times.

May 10, 2019

Ok i just read your last reply, so no display.

Check manual for the correct procedure to reset cmos using the pins.
Okay, There actually are clear cmos pins, I was looking for both 3 pins and writing that indicated it. but there are neither. Also, my motherboard came with no jumper and it is a 2 pin cmos clear pins. I'm not sure how to clear it..

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Okay, There actually are clear cmos pins, I was looking for both 3 pins and writing that indicated it. but there are neither. Also, my motherboard came with no jumper and it is a 2 pin cmos clear pins. I'm not sure how to clear it..

Posting this picture because i just used paint while you said that to mark it and didn't want it going to waste lol, anyway, future reference for anyone else. Clear cmos has always been two pins. Check your motherboard box for a jumper. If no other jumpers on board you can borrow then short the two pins with a screw driver.

mqDK1zw.jpg

May 10, 2019
Posting this picture because i just used paint while you said that to mark it and didn't want it going to waste lol, anyway, future reference for anyone else. Clear cmos has always been two pins. Check your motherboard box for a jumper. If no other jumpers on board you can borrow then short the two pins with a screw driver.
Nothing has to be powered on or getting power correct???