[SOLVED] Urgent!! Illuminated blank screen on boot! No POST No BEEPS

Page 4 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Apr 11, 2020
Hello everyone!
My lenovo laptop had a windows 10 installed which was acting weird
(Couldnt use the OS, couldnt revert back etc)
To solve this i removed the hdd, disassembled an ext hdd and used the usb extension with the lenovo hdd to backup all my data on another laptop with acronis
Later i created a partition on the clean drive and flashed an img of windows 10 to fresh install it
But the lenovo laptop doesnt even POST now. There is an illuminated blank screen as soon as it is turned on irrespective of whether or not the hard is installed on the laptop
Also the laptops bios is corrupted and cant be changed
Same goes with the boot menu
Any suggestions?

Solution
OK, the issue has been solved, I am now writing this message with the laptop that was previously broken.
For anyone who is experiencing the same issue, you can fix this issue 100%, pretty easily.
This mostly occurs due to broken/corrupted bios. All you have to do to fix it, is to get a proper bios file for your model and flash it to your bios chip, either by desoldering it from the motherboard or using a soic8 test flash clip. You'll need a ch314a bios programmer as well. These items are very cheap and can be bought through amazon/ebay or any site you prefer. But this process has to be done carefully with working hardware.

Unfortunately for me, the hardware wasn't functioning very well (also software) and i didn't have the reqd...
Apr 11, 2020
Ok I got the stripped one out and removed kb, disconnected the 3 cables and the mic
I removed every screw except 2 on the back because another one is stripped and the hole with the other is full of junk and the screw is stuck
Can I remove the front cover now or should I remove the other 2 beforehand

First you can try disconnecting the cmos battery (round battery, be careful not to break the plastic clip holding it), , check nothing conductive is shorting or touching the motherboard and plugin powr cable, it should start without power button connected (without cmos battery installed), if it doesnt, remove power cable again and connect the keyboard cover (only plugin cable which goes to power button) then plugin power cable and try to power it on with powr button.

Do everything slowly, when you disconnect cables there can be different mechanisms dont ever use any force, look disassembly videos for particular laptop model. Is the motherboard still in the case?
Can you take high resolution picture and post it somewhere about the motherboard?

Try disassembly all connectors but the LCD cable ( which connects to your monitor big one), plugin power cable (check nothing again touchinbg the motherboard, including cables you disconnected) then either use the "no cmos" trick or connect keyboard cover back . only plugin powr button then plugin powr cable and test if you get picture on the LCD screen

Look for corrosion and something out of place, you can try to disassembly until 03.50min before he starts taking motherboard screws off :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SXIjirJXQ0

plugin first external monitor cable, turn in external monitor and select hdmi / or whatever the source your using , then plugin power cable and repeat the test (this would been lcd is busted if you get picture on external , try the key combination also sometimes is needed to switch between internal and external monitor)

Apr 11, 2020
First you can try disconnecting the cmos battery (round battery, be careful not to break the plastic clip holding it), , check nothing conductive is shorting or touching the motherboard and plugin powr cable, it should start without power button connected (without cmos battery installed), if it doesnt, remove power cable again and connect the keyboard cover (only plugin cable which goes to power button) then plugin power cable and try to power it on with powr button.

Do everything slowly, when you disconnect cables there can be different mechanisms dont ever use any force, look disassembly videos for particular laptop model. Is the motherboard still in the case?
Can you take high resolution picture and post it somewhere about the motherboard?

Try disassembly all connectors but the LCD cable ( which connects to your monitor big one), plugin power cable (check nothing again touchinbg the motherboard, including cables you disconnected) then either use the "no cmos" trick or connect keyboard cover back . only plugin powr button then plugin powr cable and test if you get picture on the LCD screen

Look for corrosion and something out of place, you can try to disassembly until 03.50min before he starts taking motherboard screws off :
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8SXIjirJXQ0

plugin first external monitor cable, turn in external monitor and select hdmi / or whatever the source your using , then plugin power cable and repeat the test (this would been lcd is busted if you get picture on external , try the key combination also sometimes is needed to switch between internal and external monitor)
I thought that if the screen gives me an illuminated screen, it still gives an output and so there is nothing wrong with the LCD
Also, it checked if atleast bios is accessible now, it still isn't
Should the battery be inserted back or shall I keep it out itself?

take battery out , take power cable out and disassembly again until you see motherboard, take a picture (high quality) and lets proceed.

Did you test with external monitor connector when internal LCD cable was disconnected already? Also while trying the monitor switch keys FN+F1-12

Apr 11, 2020
take battery out , take power cable out and disassembly again until you see motherboard, take a picture (high quality) and lets proceed.

Did you test with external monitor connector when internal LCD cable was disconnected already? Also while trying the monitor switch keys FN+F1-12
Thanks for the prompt replies, I'll send the picture afterwards, I'm tired now and I need to disassemble it again
I don't understand the LCD cable part, could you explain properly

Apr 11, 2020
I connected it with hdmi before the disassembly, but I had no output on the monitor as I didn't receive any signal
I meant in the previous reply that though the screen is blank, it's still lit up and illuminated, and therefore, I thought that there is nothing wrong with the LCD.
Further more, I have done literally nothing that will harm the LCD
If you still don't understand, I can send a picture that will explain this reply more when I send the mb picture.

Okay, this clears some issues. Then lcd / cable is fine and some of the things we did where kinda pointless. If you can see the novo button menu on the screen i mean. Then internal LCD is fine.

You need to explain more about the problem, i thought you meant backlight was working but you get 100% black screen from the boot on internal and external monitor. And no lenovo logo etc showing up. Now you said you can get to novo button menu. What happens when you press different options in it, for example enter bios?

Apr 11, 2020
OK, the issue has been solved, I am now writing this message with the laptop that was previously broken.
For anyone who is experiencing the same issue, you can fix this issue 100%, pretty easily.
This mostly occurs due to broken/corrupted bios. All you have to do to fix it, is to get a proper bios file for your model and flash it to your bios chip, either by desoldering it from the motherboard or using a soic8 test flash clip. You'll need a ch314a bios programmer as well. These items are very cheap and can be bought through amazon/ebay or any site you prefer. But this process has to be done carefully with working hardware.

Unfortunately for me, the hardware wasn't functioning very well (also software) and i didn't have the reqd. experience and went to a repair guy and got it fixed the same way for a cheap amount. Thanks to @Iga1156 for helping me out patiently. I couldn't have done anything without them. I am now closing this thread. If anyone has the same prob and wants help, DM me.

PS - Sorry for the long, useless conversation between me and Iga. It was a misunderstanding

Solution