Question [urgent] my pc won't power on after I cleaned it with pray duster

Jul 15, 2019
yesterday I tried to clean my 4 years custom pc, I cleaned it before and I never had this issue, I've used a spray duster to blow some dust on the motherboard but the problem was when it blows air sometimes it blows also cold vapor,
I cleaned also the CPU heatsink, and I noticed the thermal paste is hard and I never change it since I bought it, but I don't know if the CPU heatsink can influence the pc power on since I already cleaned it before and it was in the same situation, if something happened with the CPU will be at least a power on for 2 seconds, but now it won't start at all.
I cleaned the RAM, the GPU and I didn't remove the motherboard.
I tested the PSU with clip paper and its working, the case fan start without any issue and I tried to switch on the PC from pwr switch pins but doesn't start,
my setup:
motherboard:
gigabyte b85m hd3 lga 1150
2x ram corsair dominator 4gb
intel I5 4670 haswell
case zalman z11
corsair cx 600
gigabyte geforce gtx 760 oc 4 gb

I use this PC for a living so I'm stuck here, I really need help to resolve this issue ASAP.
here is my PC:
View: https://imgur.com/a/v2UglqB

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Did you say you booted up the PC without the heatsink attached?

Also paperclip test doesn't check if the PSU is working properly, just that it is delivering some power.
So shorting the PWR pins did absolutely nothing? Have you tried breadboarding the system and retrying?

Did you allow to dry / clean off any liquid from the vapour before booting?

May be worth going through all of these steps: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/

Jul 15, 2019
Did you say you booted up the PC without the heatsink attached?

Also paperclip test doesn't check if the PSU is working properly, just that it is delivering some power.
So shorting the PWR pins did absolutely nothing? Have you tried breadboarding the system and retrying?

Did you allow to dry / clean off any liquid from the vapour before booting?

May be worth going through all of these steps: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...ng-about-post-boot-no-video-problems.1285536/
No I didn't. before I boot up the pc everything was connected
NO nothing
Have you tried breadboarding the system and retrying?
not yet
I cleaned some places and I connected to the power supply after 1 hour

mazooni

Honorable
Jul 7, 2013
Jul 15, 2019
mazooni yes I did reset the CMOS but I didn't change the battery because I don't know if it's really the case,
sometimes when I leave the pc in sleep mode it got shut down, do u think the cause is CMOS battery?

Jul 15, 2019
UPDATE:
today my PC starts booting again.
what I've done I replaced the cmos battery and I pulled the motherboard and the connected cables and CPU heatsink as well.
when I reassembled it again it doesn't work at the beginning I leave it for a day while it's connected to the power supply and start working again.
but there is a problem the CPU temp is at 91 °.
I feel like the problem was because the PC won't boot due to the safety measure to prevent any damage to the CPU.
anyone can confirm this?

Jul 15, 2019
Did you put new thermal compound on the CPU after cleaning ,Hard paste will not work and you are not supposed to reuse it, always use fresh thermal paste if the heat sink is removed!!
I never replace it, in my country it's hard to find a HQ thermal paste . as I'm using the standard fan that comes with intel CPU. I'm planning to order a cooler with mx 2 thermal paste.

Jul 15, 2019
I did buy a new cooler for my CPU and I put new thermal past,
it's working now sometimes it took a long time to turn on, I don't know why
I think the problem comes from the PSU because I clean it with the spry duster.