URGENT: Network key- how can i find mine?

I need to add another computer to my network that has a "network key" but i
can't figure out what that network key is, because it's encrypted...

does anyone know how to do this??
help!

Malke

help! wrote:

> I need to add another computer to my network that has a "network key"
> but i can't figure out what that network key is, because it's
> encrypted...
>
> does anyone know how to do this??
> help!

You've forgotten your WEP/WPA, is that it? Just go to the wireless
router or wireless access point and go to its configuration settings.
Most routers/WAP's are configured through your browser. Look at the
wireless security settings and you'll see the encryption key you're
using. Write it down and then you can enter the key into your
computer's wireless network settings.

Malke
--
MS MVP - Windows Shell/User
Elephant Boy Computers

I'm having the same problem but I'm not as computer literate so I'd have to
be told how to get to the wireless access point and all that stuff.

Malke

Tank8131 wrote:

> I'm having the same problem but I'm not as computer literate so I'd
> have to be told how to get to the wireless access point and all that
> stuff.

The previous posts in this thread aren't available, so since you didn't
quote any of them, it's hard to know how to answer you. If you forgot
your WEP/WPA key, just log into your router's configuration page
(usually by entering its IP address in your browser) and look at the
security settings. Copy them onto a piece of paper. If you don't know
how to get into your router's configuration utility, look at its manual
or post back with the make/model.

Malke