Question (URGENT) RAM not detected after reseating

Jan 22, 2020
So I recently bought a pc, no issues. Months later today, I decide to reseat my ram as there have been some issues before from having multiple tasks open at once. After I reseated and booted, my monitor wouldn't display and my mouse lights didn't turn on but my keyboard did.

My motherboard has EZ Debug from msi (MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI) and the ' DRAM ' is lit up as red listing it not detected.

Does anyone have any possible solutions for my case?

Last edited:
So I recently bought a pc, no issues. Months later today, I decide to reseat my ram as there have been some issues before from having multiple tasks open at once. After I reseated and booted, my monitor wouldn't display and my mouse lights didn't turn on but my keyboard did.

My motherboard has EZ Debug from msi (MSI MPG X570 GAMING EDGE WIFI) and the ' DRAM ' is lit up as red listing it not detected.

Does anyone have any possible solutions for my case?
I would pull the RAM and inspect the RAM connections and the slot connections and even clean with rubbing alcohol. Then I would reseat the RAM again......and if it didn't work....I'd reseat it again and move the modules around. If it didn't work after a few more times.....I'd try different RAM.

CosmicDance

Notable
Jun 11, 2019
As you were having problems with your PC when multiple windows were open you can check the RAM isn't faulty in Windows.
Type 'memory' into the Windows Search bar and run the Memory test.
It takes a while and restarts your PC but will thoroughly check it for problems.

Andy